Delete permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete permanently

When I delete something in the tree, eg section or product it is marked as X. This is nice because you can then undelete it.

However there are many items I want to permanently delete as the number of X's are mounting up. How do I get ride of it completely?

On the top menu go to:
    Housekeeping | Purge | Purge Content

You can also purge (permanently delete) emails, orders and customer accounts.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I always right click and cut, is that wrong!
      http://www.3dkitchens.net

Comment

Hold shift down and tap the delete key and it's also gone forever.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
          On the top menu go to:
          Housekeeping | Purge | Purge Content
          A word of warning about using this though.
          It will delete EVERYTHING in your catalogue (content) that you have previously deleted (ie. everything with a red X)
          So, if you tend to delete stuff temporarily so you can undelete at a later time, you won't want to be doing this.
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
            Hold shift down and tap the delete key and it's also gone forever.
            This is a most awesome tip!
            What command is it doing? Is it cutting?
            Tracey

Comment

in order to hold stuff in abeyance i have a hidden folder at thebottom of my tree, i drag stuff i might want to resurrect later into it.

this means i can also mark stuff with a cross and permanantly delete too

I started to hide products a few years ago when there was a problem with marketiing lists and deleted products - i guess this bug got fixed?

Comment

I do the same, Jo
                Although I don't recall if the problem with products in hidden sections still being searchable is fixed yet? It's more a pain having to remember to hide the product as well as having it in the hidden section but, like you say, it does mean you can still use the 'purge content' feature.
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  This is a most awesome tip!
                  What command is it doing? Is it cutting?
                  Holding shift down in a normal window, bypasses the recycle bin. Similar in outlook it bypasses the deleted folder. It's a version of that i suspect. CTRL and SHIFT hold so many windows treasures, many never found unfortunately.

Comment

I had no idea, Lee!
                    Sounds handy though
                    Not that I've anything to hide that someone couldn't go rifling through my deleted folder/recycle bin....possibly lol
                    Tracey

Comment

It's a bit like hard delete (permanent) and soft delete (recycle bin) i guess. I use it a lot personally to get rid of artwork and graphics etc. that i know i will never need again. By putting them in your recycle bin, they're still taking up space, so it's a bit like a instant spring clean rather than a weekly polish.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Two nice methods neither of which I new you could do.

I think I'll be using the Shift Del mostly, and the housekeeping before handover to the client.

Comment

Working...
                        X