Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts

Never used this area (Discounts) before, but looking to offer free embroidery onto goods for orders up till end of December, at Present embroidery is in as a product on its own

Cannot just price it at £0.00 as it needs a product to qualify

Not totaly on top of the discount structure, to many product, group and other questions.

Please help a silly old git
    Chris Ashdown

hi chris,

Firstly you need to go to marketing | product groups,

make a new group called embroidery.
    make your embroidery product a member of this group

Then hot foot over to marketing | Discounts/Surcharges Settings
    Click on the Cart Contents tab
    Create a new discount based on quantity with a trigger of 1 from the product group embroidery.

Set your reward to £off and the value to the normal price of embroidery
    You may want to tick only one reward per order.

Also you may want to play in the restrictions tab to set the date range to start and end in december.

Hopefully that helps you
    Ben Adcock
    Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

I'd have thought the products that qualify for free embroidery would have been the triggers, not the embroidery itself. To get free embroidery all you'd need to do is buy the embroidery product i'd have thought with that setup?

All products that get free embroidery need to go in a discount group and when something is bought from that group, the embroidery product is either given free or the total cost is discounted by the embroidery amount. That's where i'd start off anyway, i think the below idea is flawed, but discounts have tied me up in knots before i must say, so i could be wrong.

Comment

Thanks Ben, Lee

It looks like Bens idea works best for me as we are applying a special offer embroidery just single line no logo etc for free with any item, so you can have the product with or without but not the free embroidery on its own

I know the results everyone will want embroidery on the cheapest item rather than the the better priced items, but thats life for us in retail at the moment.

I bet someone rings up and asks us to put there names on goods they supply and wonder why we loose the plot!!!

Thanks folks
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

If you have a product group, with one product in it (embroidery) and someone buys embroidery, i fail to see how that cannot be given free just on its own as the trigger is only 1 also. I read that as:

Buy one product, from a discount group that contains one product and get that product free. That's the same as putting in £0.00 as its price surely, it can never not be free?

Comment

Working...
          X