X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sites missing

Friday 11-20 AM M.S.T. USA

Howdy all;

I got call from actinic 8 client last night. When they started computer the Actinic shortcut was not working on desktop. I fixed that, but when client opened Actinic they discobered that 2 of 3 sites were missing in site view. The one remaining site lost al past orders! I'm on my way to client this am, I have a few ideas, but wondered if any of my fellow Actinic abusers have a solution.

Gratefully;

Bob

It sounds very much like a computer problem to me.

My main thoughts are that the file which lists the available sites might have been corrupted or deleted. If there's a non-working site in the default site1 folder then actinic might be seeing that as the only available site, hence the missing orders.

Look in the 'sites' folder and you should see a file called sites.ini that lists all the sites.

With a bit of luck all the sites and files will still be in their folders, just the sites.ini that's messed up.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

It may be worth checking if they've installed Actnic for a particular user and have subsequently logged on as a different one?

The missing desktop shortcut implies that.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you

Thank you both;

I'm headed out the door right now. I handle the design end, they take the orders. I have site.ini on my flash drive as well as design snapshots, so wish me luck.

Hi Norman...How are you? Yes a computer problem was my 1st thought too. I told them to back up everything. Perhaps a hard drive going south.

Us usual, I am humbly grateful;

Bob

Comment

is this a vista machine, i have had this in the past, normally a corrupt user is to blame

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            normally a corrupt user is to blame
            *bites tongue/sits on hands*
            Tracey

Comment

it can quite often be as simple as the sites.ini file being corrupt and not having the sites listed - we had that here last week and restoring an old copy of the file resolved the problem.
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The sites.ini is a very simple textfile and you can easily fix it with nothing more than Notepad and listing of the Sites folder.

There was a problem in older releases of V8 not being able to handle more than a certain number of sites (I recall either 60 or 90'ish because I was the first one to create that many sites and get bitten by the bug).

The bug is still there in the 8.5.1 that I use whereby I can only see the first 60 sites in the Sites dialogue even though my sites.ini has more entries.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                X