Offline desktop ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline desktop ordering

Hi All, Hope you can help, I have two identical sites but diff urls, however one of them somehow became corrupted mixing with Actinic,s International terms only on the off line desktop ordering section, do you think I can copy and paste from the good site! Regards, G
    Last edited by grahhop; 24-Nov-2009, 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling

if your just changing the text then copy it from the live site and paste it into actinic, if the sites are identical then why have two url's? you are likely to get one blacklisted in SE's for duplicate content

if you mean sections then i have copied one section from one site opened another and pasted it in before now

Comment

Thanx for that, yes it is a duplicate which needs changing, but my best site is affected, is not just a text problem the frames are wrong in off line ordering page, I was wondering if this can be copied over!

Comment

Image of fault enclosed

I enclose a pdf showing fault on page, if anyone has any ideas!Click image for larger version

Name:	Publication2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	542867 Thanx in advance

Comment

ok so what you ment to say was. my offline ordering page is displaying every country

have you gone into the library and reset the moto forms to factory default

Comment

Thanx for the tip, have done that now comes back with "Factory settings for the selected variables contains invalid details and it can not be restored."

Comment

I have exactly the same problem. Watching this thread with interest

Comment

Have you not got up to date snapshots, if so just delete actinic from from your pc including everything under documents re-install and reimport your snapshot. You should probably get a usable snapshot even with the corrupted moto form in any case. Much quicker and easier than cut and pasting. Copy your database just in case as well.

Regards

Nigel
                Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

solved the problem, not sure if this way will work for other people but worth a try.

1. First look for a earlier backup where the offline order page is working, i went back to Feb '09. You will now need export specific design elements which is under "Design > Export Specific Design Elements" when you are going through this wizard make sure you select anything to do with MOTO which wil be under "Libary" and "Variables".

2. Restore your most recent backup to the version where it isnt working now.

3. Go to "File > Snapshot > Import Design" and import the design, you took from step 1.

p.s. Thanks Darren B & plantsforshade for putting me on the right track.

All Done
                  Let me know how you go on.
                  G

Comment

Update

Text now correctly off page, however still cant submit for payment as "Payment Method" in a dropdown list is still missing, shows up as text only, any ideas!. G

Comment

I think you will have to go to Actinic Support. We are looking at upgrading to business and our catalogue snapshot broke the moto form upon import on our trial machine yesterday. We contacted support and they sent over a design snapshot which repaired it, the whole job took five minutes from the start of the telephone call.

Regards

Nigel
                      Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Well done

Thanks for that, Have just seen the same fault listed on "knowledge base" so just emailed them, thanks for the help. G http://www.ukplaster.com

Comment

Working...
                        X