Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display discounted price in a tooltip for logged in customers

Hi

With help from the forum, see this thread and this thread, I have added a tooltip to an image that is displayed next to the price of items in a % discount group. When you hover over the image a tooltip displays the discounted price. See attached image.

This works great if you are not logged in to the site.

My problem is that I can't work out how to add the code for logged in customers.

Thanks for any help.

Lee
    Attached Files

Select your product layout on the design tab and note the area that introduces the pricing, there's a lot going on in that area, dependent on certain circumstances. I'd hazard a guess that you've added your tooltip into the retail price layouts, you now need to mimic that on the price layout used for customer accounts.

Comment

Thanks Lee,

I've added the code to the "Standard Tax Exclusive Price" Layout for retail customers. I can get to this by selecting the price in the design tab as you suggest, but I can't get to the logged on price layout in this way - is the some other way to get to the equivalent code that is used for customer accounts?

Lee

Comment

As I mentioned you need to be on the product layout, you will see the actinic tags that are used in this area then. You won't see them if you dig down further as you have done. I always setup a dummy product with a dummy product layout and upload to test and get used to which part does what, it still confuses me otherwise.

Comment

A test login/password would be useful as no-one but you can see what's happening without it.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

Basically, all that is happening is that the small icon (with tooltip) after the price of items in the % discount group does not display when logged in, so logged in customers cannot tell to which products the discount applies.

I need to add the blockif (that shows this icon next to items in a particular product group) to the price layout for logged in customers.

Lee

Comment

No login details so can't help. Perhaps someone else with paranormal powers can.

Comment

Thought I was getting somewhere when I found I could add some test to the </Actinic:RetailPrices> section of "Online Tax Exclusive Price" code (Design Library > Layouts > Price for Customer Accounts) and it showed on the site when logged in.

But, when I added the blockif code, it just displayed the code on the site!

see attached image
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                  No login details so can't help. Perhaps someone else with paranormal powers can.
                  Sorry Norman

Just emailed details - to keep wholesale prices private.

Lee

Comment

You're in the right place. However this is code that's generated by the Perl scripts when the customer is viewing the page and you'll need to use JavaScript instead of PHP here.

Comment

Ok, so I can get the image to show after the price when logged in but the blockif has no effect in the online layout. The image is shown regardless of the product group.

Comment

Hi All,

I have not been able to get this working as I wanted so I have resorted to a simplified manual solution – but I still have a problem.

By going to

Design Library > Prices for Customer Accounts > Online Tax Exclusive Price

and adding my code after

<Actinic:CustomerPrices>
                        -
                        -
                        - <Actinic:TaxExclusivePrice />

I can get an image to display after the price for logged in customers. I can apply a tooltip to this image. But I can’t use Block If to only display the image after products in a particular group. And I can’t use the PHP code to calculate the discounted price in the tooltip.

So my simplified method leaves out the calculation, and I select a modified “Online Tax Exclusive Price” for the products I need the image next to manually.

My problem is – I can only set the “Price Layout for Online Customer Prices” at the Product Detail level and not at the Section Detail level (even though at the product level the default is Use Parent). See attached images.

Question:
                        Is there a way to set the Price Layout for Online Customer Prices that doesn’t involve setting it for each product in turn?

Most products I need to apply this to are grouped in sub-section.

Thanks for any help

Lee
                        Attached Files

Comment

Open up the selector for it and add to the place of setting i.e. tick section also. With use parent settings correctly in place, it should cascade from site options anyway.

Comment

Thanks (again) leehack, that sorted it!

Lee

Comment

Working...
                            X