Tried Actinic support who told me to go to Postcode anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried Actinic support who told me to go to Postcode anywhere

Actually a bit pissed off with support from actinic today, I am looking at adding Postcode anywhere to my sites using V9.0.3 with1 master computer and 5 slave computers

Asked how you set it up for this layout and 8 sites and basically told to contact postcode anywhere to get the answer apart from set it up on the master computer

This answer may be right but he could not give me reasurance so calling on you experts for advice

Yes I can set it up on the main computer for each site no problem

Yes I can set up different licence keys for each site sharing the samecredit package

Question do I have to set anything else up on the other computers to get them to enable MOTO from any computer

Sorry to be a pain but want to get it right first time as I still hate touching Actinic hence not upgraded to 9.0.5 yet (big Big Yellow streak right down centre of back)

First time since 2003 I have had piss poor suport attitude from actinic
    Chris Ashdown

With Chris B saying that he see's Actinic developing stronger links with "partners" to offer more and more services to us, ie Postcode anywhere, Feefo, Credit Call etc would it not be sensible to have separate forum tabs where questions can be asked and answered directly by the companies themselves. Maybe if they could be asked to have someone come onto the forum and check for queries daily. Just an idea.

Nigel
    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by plantsforshade View Post
      With Chris B saying that he see's Actinic developing stronger links with "partners" to offer more and more services to us, ie Postcode anywhere, Feefo, Credit Call etc would it not be sensible to have separate forum tabs where questions can be asked and answered directly by the companies themselves. Maybe if they could be asked to have someone come onto the forum and check for queries daily. Just an idea.

Nigel
      I'll mention it in the Mods forum Nigel. Great idea IMO

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Chris I'm not sure I understand all your technology but we have 3 sites and two machines runing V9 multiuser (bus plus I htink its called now )

I simply activated postcode anywhere for each site (we use both Moto and online) put the respective codes in (moto has diff license key to online) and bingo it worked online and on both machines without doing anything else. I must say for telephone orders its the best thing we've done. It also seems to cut down the number of online poor addresses (ie all in one line ) but doesn't get rid of them all.

Hope this helps you. D
        Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

PS forgot to say there is something you have to do online to activate it if you are running it online as well ... can't remember what it is but it was simple to do.
          Donna

Comment

you need to download the desktop software from postcode anywere to use it under MOTO

but the same license key can be used for all pc's you just need different ones for delivery and invoice address

hope this helps Chirs

Comment

Hi All,

We have someone looking into this and will post back later this morning.
              Regards,

Phil Rothwell
              Postcode Anywhere

Web: www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phil_Rothwell View Post
                Hi All,

We have someone looking into this and will post back later this morning.
                Thank you very much Phil

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear about this. There are obviously some things we don't support, but aim to be helpful nonetheless. However, this is something we should probably have had the answer to.

My understanding is that you can use PCA on multiple sites but you need to restrict the callback to just your URL's - but I'll wait for Phil to confirm.
                  Ben Popplestone
                  Ecommerce website software

Comment

Hi All,

I have confirmed with Actinic that the configuration data in MU is shared across all of the users for each site.

The licensing is slightly more complicated, because of the way that Royal Mail license their data.

To enable postcode lookup on you Web sites:

All you need to do is purchase an "Actinic PAF Credit Pack" and configure a licence key. All of the sites can share the same credit pack and licence key.

To enable postcode lookup for your MOTO forms:

Option 1: You purchase licences for each of your users from Postcode Anywhere. All of the users and all of the sites can configured to work with the same license key. Call us on 0800 047 0493 for help setting this up.

Option 2: You can purchase up to 5000 lookups a year on a pay-as-you-go basis in credit packs of 500. All of the users and all of the sites can share the same credit pack and licence key. You will need to call us on 0800 047 0493 to set this up.

I hope this brings more clarity.
                    Regards,

Phil Rothwell
                    Postcode Anywhere

Web: www.postcodeanywhere.co.uk

Comment

Nigel
                      Ironically Phil Rothwell who is now replying on behalf of PostcodeAnywhere used to work for Actinic

Comment

Nigel
                        I did bring this up and the concern is that representatives from said parteners will not be able to commit to checking this forum regulary enough, which will ultimately lead to frustrated and unanswered forum users.

I still think that a seperate forum is a good idea though, at least it will all be kept in the same place. I'll let you know how it progresses.

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Sorry to highjack this thread but it will impact on Chris!
                          http://community.actinic.com/showthr...tcode+anywhere

Did we get any resolution to the above thread? Thanks D
                          Donna

Comment

Thanks to all, I will give it a go on Monday and give Phil a call

Many, Many thanks
                            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                            X