Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Actinic on a Mac

Hey

How can I do the above Andy from Actinic told me it was possible any ideas?
    Designer Clothing London

Lots of great advice on the forum already about this, one thread very recent too, so a search is your best idea. "parallels" probably a good search term, a look in the KB is a good idea too just in case.

We are trying to improve the forum so that previous posts on information like this can be easily found as they already hold a wealth of knowledge. We also want to reduce the number of results returned via a search. Can you let me know the kind of terms you searched for, because we can revisit old threads and make the titles of them to be more in line with what people like yourself are searching for.

Thanks.

Comment

bootcamp
      parallels
      vm ware

wes
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hey All

Thanks for the above so to do this I just need to install the VMWare and then install actinic?
        Designer Clothing London

Comment

You need to first install VMWare.

Then use VMWare to create a virtual machine.

Then install a copy of Windows into said virtual machine.

Boot that fresh Windows within the VM, install all the usual Windows stuff (updates, anti-virus, firewall, etc).

Then finally install Actinic.

Allow about half a day!
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

You could also create an image of a running system and restore that to a VM.

Comment

If you are running vmware or parallels, you may want to increase the amount of physical ram you have installed (if possible) as it will improve performance.
              Richard Gosler
              Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
              Dorset, UK

Comment

Working...
              X