code showing in lightbox images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code showing in lightbox images

hello people, have just created a product/deal, and formatted the text in the title for the product which i haven't done before (always left it the default black) changed it to blue/ bold and now when i open up any of the lightbox images i get this

!!<>!!Nash Holdall/Carryall Combo Deal - Save Over 35 %!! !!<>!!

appearing in the lightbox description at the bottom when i view the images, is there any way i can stop it doing that apart from not formatting the text in the product title?

thank you

dave

Dave do you have a URL? How did you format the text?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

i've not published it yet but all i did was create an offer in product details and then in the short description field i highlighted the text and changed it to blue and bold with the formatting tools on the toolbar.

if it just leave it black as it normally would be it's fine but if i change it and then view the pictures in lightbox, when the short description is included in the preview it has that code showing as i posted above.

Comment

It's the the way you have changed the colour of your text that's causing the issue.

You need to be changing the colour in your CSS. Do you know how to do that?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

i have no idea lol . . . . .

doesn't that seem a bit poor that you can't change it with the text editor? i think it's barking

Comment

You can, but the text editor uses !!<<>>!! tags to make the change and tht is having and effect on the, none standard, lightbox code.

Doing it this way will also mean that your layouts will look different from page to page, no standardisation.

I'm assuming your changing the colour to make the product/title catch the eye?

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

yes i just thought it might be an idea to break the text up a bit to make the offers stand out from regular products when they are featured on the same page. i've copied certain products an offers into more than one department for extra exposure, i sippose the other way would be to highlight some text withing the long description instead.

the tags that were visible in lightbox weren't the end of the world, they just looked odd/ out of place to me. don't know if it would put anyone off as such but it just doesn't look right.

Comment

Personally, I would leave all the product titles the same for continiuity.

You could create a new variable if you wanted? Position it to sit beneath the title, set it to only show if you have entered something in the text field?

What do you think to that?

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

depends how complicated you're going to make it lol . . . . . .

do you mean a variable to give me an option to have the title a different colour? i appreciate what you're saying about continuity, that's the effect i'm trying to keep to. although there is a separate department for special offers it's nice to have them in other relevant departments too so it was just to make them stand out a little to draw attention to them.

Comment

I was thinking a variable to insert another line of text, but if you wanted it to change the colour, we could do that?

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

oh i see . . . . where would the other line of text appear?

do you mean like how you have the option for a subtitle in ebay listings?

Comment

It could go where ever you want really, but I was thinking just beneath your title?

Army Gore-tex
                        Winter Climbing Mitts
                        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

yes that sounds like a plan, how do i go about that then?

Comment

Okay you need to create a new variable:

Design | Library | Variables

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

ok i've called it subtitle variable

Comment

Working...
                              X