Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site will only appear in firefox, not i.e. or safari?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site will only appear in firefox, not i.e. or safari?

One of the members here kindly offered to let me use his hosting (thanks Steve), to show my boss how i've been getting on, as after Thursdays debacle of uploading/sweating blood, in the uploading help forum, we couldn't get the site to upload, no matter how hard we tried!
    The only problem now is that the site will only load in firefox, and not in ie or safari Can anyone help offer a solution? I've checked the permissions etc, and have uploaded in both binary and ascii, but to no avail The catalogue parts work, but not my plain html intro pages.
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by anne_marie View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yes. Post an URL.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The catalogue parts work, but not my plain html intro pages. Any suggestions?
      What do you mean by "plain html" pages? Do you have some pages outside Actinic?
      And yes, as Norman suggests, a url is essential.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

It had to be done.....
        "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
          It had to be done.....
          Wow! How helpful of you to post an old iPicard nternet meme, that was funny five years ago Raspberries to you Mr Facepalm lol!
          As for the problem, it's okay, the person who coded the pages outside of Actinic, was using deprecated tags, which a validator helped me fix

Comment

It would have been incredibly helpful if you had explained that earlier. We can only work with what we are given. For all we know, this was (is?) the cause of your inability to upload the site successfully, you know, the thread that some people spent a long time trying to help you with. Crystal balls, afaik, are still not that reliable. And we still don't have a url.

Note to mods - please delete this thread as it's pointless.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

the cause of your inability to upload the site successfully, you know, the thread that some people spent a long time trying to help you with. Crystal balls, afaik, are still not that reliable. And we still don't have a url.

Note to mods - please delete this thread as it's pointless.
              Hey, I REALLY appreciated all the help, I was given about the upload problems, i've just decided to switch to a reliable host who supports Actinic, Memset were very unhelpful...

Comment

i've just decided to switch to a reliable host who supports Actinic
                Communication works both ways. You really should have said this sooner. Then we could all have gone home to bed.

Comment

Working...
                X