E-commerce Software By Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-commerce Software By Actinic

Much as I love duelling with with v9.0.5 () in an effort to get my site to do what I want it to, I'm not entirely sure I like giving Actinic free advertising on my Terms & Conditions and Search Page. I was never asked if I wanted to (I don't think!).

There appears to be an 'E-commerce Software By Actinic' link at the base of each of these pages which links back to Actinic Towers.

Is there an easy way to remove these messages or can they be somehow adjusted?

Wasn't it triggered by a tick box in the options in earlier versions as some sort of affiliate program, or is old age finally catching up with me?

design | design options and above the T&C's tab also.

Comment

Also there's a sneaky 1 on the search page that i had to remove manually.
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I'm not at a computer at the moment, but isn't there a global check box in Business Settings?

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

For the search one, unless theres another tick box I haven't noticed, go to Design menu > Library > Web Page Inner Layout > Search page bulk area, theres a line at the bottom containing ActinicSearchPageLink.
          Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            design | design options and above the T&C's tab also.
            Do you mean the 'Earn Points and Prizes from the Actinic Referral Scheme' tickbox Lee? If so, than that's unticked on my system.

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
            Also there's a sneaky 1 on the search page that i had to remove manually.
            I've got the one on the T&C page but I can't seem to get to the Search Page one in Design View for some reason.

Originally posted by webD View Post
            I'm not at a computer at the moment, but isn't there a global check box in Business Settings?
            I think that's what Lee is referring to. If so, then as I said it's not ticked on my system (which is partly what's confusing me!).

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            For the search one, unless theres another tick box I haven't noticed, go to Design menu > Library > Web Page Inner Layout > Search page bulk area, theres a line at the bottom containing ActinicSearchPageLink.
            Thanks for that. I'll have a look

Comment

Leave it unticked then, i'm just pointing you to the system switches that you can control.

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
                Originally posted by taliesyn View Post
                I've got the one on the T&C page but I can't seem to get to the Search Page one in Design View for some reason.
                Another way you can try is....
                Click on the design tab and just underneath to the left click 'Split View'.
                To the right you will see a drop down box entitled 'Select Page Type'.
                Choose 'Search' from the options in the drop down box.
                In the 'Page Preview' panel underneath you may have to scroll down to see the wording 'Secure Internet Online payments', click on it.
                In the 'Layout Code' panel underneath remove this line:
                <div align="center">ActinicSearchPageLink</div>
                Click 'Apply' along the bottom of the 'Layout Code' panel and poof..... it's gone

P.S. have to take more time reading posts, u spotted that search one
                "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Working...
                X