Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Functionality Qs Actinic Business

Ive been using Express for a few years now and its worked well

I now need to expand a little and would like to know if Actinic business provides these features:

1) I assume that it has the facility for "customers who bought this also bought" function

2) Discount code function

3) Customer review - many of my customers know more about my products than I do. But obviously I dont want a "its rubbish" review appearing so i would need to be able to both control the appearance of a review and also have some controls over a review like a process to ensure a customer has actually bought a product before he can review it

Once the new site is up & running I would want all visitors to the old express site to be automatically directed (hopefully to the relevent page), how possible/easy would this be?

How easy is it to migrate all the product images & descrptions, prices etc from Express to Business?

Express seems very efficient at SEO (especially with google images), is Business as good?

Any thought/comments/advice would be really appreciated
    www.ratsport.com

The Actinic website is your friend

http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/bu...e-software.htm

Yes, to also bought, yes to discount codes, no to inbuilt reviews, but Codepath do an excellent plug in called Soapbox. Actinic v10 will have an optional link to Feefo.

You can set up redirects from your old Express store to your new Business one if the url/s are different.

Product/image migration = not automatic. The two set ups are completely different.

SEO is only as good as the person creating the store really. But if you want to rely on Actinic Business to do the donkey work for you, it does this very effectively.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

ok thank you

I will ponder on
      www.ratsport.com

Comment

Ratty. let me add that as someone who has done the same and gone from express to catalogue and then upgraded to business in the space of six months with no previous 'qualifications', it's a massive learning curve, they couldn't be further apart.

i know that business is a much more powerfull tool (than express)and it's fantastic what you can do with this program, there are add ons you may need that you won't realise until you start using it so be prepared to shell out some more to get what you want out of it (we've so far bought a custom drop down menu, lightbox for extra images and normatrix plus others)

if there's one thing i would say with vast hindsight - get someone to do the design for you that is familiar with how actinic works. this (website design) is not my thing and i've been thrown in at the deep end, i thought . . . it was going to be 'similar' to how easy express was - it couldn't be further from it - but i'm learning, i just wish i would have had some sort of warning was i was being talked into lol

Comment

Working...
        X