Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing data & Products from one site to another

Hi
    I am building a new site and i am getting to the stage where I need all my products in the new site.

So i thought i could just go to the old site and do export and then import the csv file in the new site.

Every time i do this it come up with errors (most of them dont matter). But when i click on the preview i can not see any on there.

But on the main section preview i get errors. See attach photo. All other section preview are blank.
    All of my products are in the content tree and

Am i doing some thing wrong or is there a better way for importing and data????
    Attached Files
    Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Looking at the picture it looks like your old site had some custom variables (pprice) setup that are not setup in the new site. Create these in the new site and you should progress further
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Originally posted by chunkesolutions View Post
      Looking at the picture it looks like your old site had some custom variables (pprice) setup that are not setup in the new site. Create these in the new site and you should progress further
      I have searched the site that i took the export csv file from and the csv file and there is no "pprice".

Comment

How about in the new site?

Comment

Hi
          I have checked the new site and there is no pprice

This is the coding error that is coming up
          Code:
          <actinic:block php="true">
          		if ( ! $pprice )
          			{
          			$thisprice = <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" />;
          			if ( $thisprice ) $pprice = $thisprice;
          			}			
          		</actinic:block>
          got no idea what it is

Comment

It's a bit if internal php that actinic runs when creating the html pages to send up to the server.
            pprice must be created some where. Have you check the Actinic library?

Comment

Go back to your original site and look in Design / Library / Layouts. Right-click the top of the tree, chose Find. Tick Code. Search for pprice (NB without the $). That should lead you to the Layout where it's defined. Repeat the search in case there's more than one location.

Copy code from the places you find it to the same places in new site.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

i have look every where for it and i can not find it.

do you know what layout it is in so i can check the code on the old layout

Comment

Originally posted by JGLIGHTING View Post
                  do you know what layout it is in so i can check the code on the old layout
                  It's not standard Actinic code. It's something you've added yourself. Possibly from this community, the Advanced Guide or Knowledge Base.

You've not posted enough found code or said what layout it was in so it's hard to tell where it came from. Although it looks like it could be to do with showing the product price on the Section links.

My post above shows you how to search for it in your old working site.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi
                    I have found it in the sub section with horizontal dividers. I now copy the code that i have found in the old site

as follow
                    Code:
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionSortLinkPosition%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22None%22" >
                    	<span id="sectionline_<actinic:variable name="ListIndex"/>" seq="<actinic:variable name="ListIndex" />" pname="<actinic:variable name="SectionName" />" 
                    	<actinic:block php="true">$pprice="0";</actinic:block><actinic:block type="ProductList"><actinic:block php="true">
                    		if ( ! $pprice )
                    			{
                    			$thisprice = <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" />;
                    			if ( $thisprice ) $pprice = $thisprice;
                    			}			
                    		</actinic:block></actinic:block><actinic:block php="true">echo " price=\"$pprice\"";</actinic:block>
                    	>
                    <actinic:variable name="SectionLink" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SectionSortLinkPosition%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22None%22" >
                    	</span>	
                    Now that error has gone i have a new one that is

"the selector 'sectionlink' is recursively used (337 places).

And there is still no preview of any of the site.

Comment

is there a better way of importing a design or products in a site.

Comment

Always get the products, then design IMO.

Transferring products between sites can be done by copy paste once the variables and images are in place (replicated).

Get the existing design, take it back to a basic framework, then design, it's worked well for me for 5 years.

Comment

As i was changing the products on the live site while doing the design work on the new site.

I thought you could just do a csv file export and import it in the new site but not been that simple. Unless you can't do it that way.

As i don't have two v9 keys i can not copy the products over to the new site.

Comment

You should be able to in theory. What i'd do in your situation, is import a second copy of the site into another machine, then design, then do the csv import, that way you know all of the things that need to be in place are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by JGLIGHTING View Post
                              As i was changing the products on the live site while doing the design work on the new site.

I thought you could just do a csv file export and import it in the new site but not been that simple. Unless you can't do it that way.

As i don't have two v9 keys i can not copy the products over to the new site.

If you don't have 2 keys, I assume you are redesigning your site, rather than creating a "new one"?

Why don't/didn't you just use the snapshot function? Export a snapshot store it in a folder called "new site" then change the layout/css/etc for that and import your current/existing snapshot when you need to upload/edit/download orders.

Army Gore-tex
                              Winter Climbing Mitts
                              webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                              Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
                              X