Default Section Image Issue Actinic 9.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Section Image Issue Actinic 9.5

Has anyone ever experienced problems with the default section image not changing? I basically have a client website whereby we've changed the default image, but a number of section layouts wont change to the new image.

I've tried all sorts:

- Resetting the the section layout to factory settings (CSS Section Link Layout used)

- Checking layouts at section levels

- Resetting the Section Image Variable

- Doing a search on the code to make sure the image hasn't been hard coded by original developer

- Changing the Theme from the originally selected CSS Clean Layout to alternative section layouts

- Checkout default layout code for missing / alterted code

- Compacted Databases (Database is Access 2000)

- Even tried renaming my default image to the same name as the one Actinic seems to cache, but that will not work now as having tried to reset the image when I revert to the original image now Actinic will not display it now even though it's in the site1 folder

The only potential issue I can think of is that the client originally upgraded from V6 to V8 then V8 to V9, so I'm wondering if there's some issue that has been passed on from upgrade to upgrade.

Actinic technical support couldn't resolve either so it has been passed to development, but thought I'd ask you guys here in case anyone has experienced the issue before.

Hope someone can help as the deadline for the site going live is looming

Right it's 1.40am time to finish for the day! Major stressed day hope someone can help

thanks

URL will help us diagnose....

Comment

Have you tried exporting the catalog to csv and having a rummage in there?
      It's a long shot but i know i've come across weird things, like certain tabs not showing for sections created inside Actinic opposed to sections created through csv import. These tabs not showing may have a value that is being used but you can't see.
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks but tried CSV option too

Comment

Here's the URL to the test site: http://www.testmole.org/ it's a working progress site so ignore other bugs

Comment

Is it happening for newly created sections?
            If not and there isn't too many, you create a new section and move all the child elements to it, delete the old one and change the new one so its the same as the old one.
            Hope that make sense?
            Just thinking of your deadline
            "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

is there a section where it doesn't work?

i can see it here testmole.org/musical-instrument-shop/double-bases.html

using FF and IE8

Comment

Just spoken to Actinic again this morning. They've confirmed the fault is something to do with one of the upgrades and are looking into it.

I'm guessing when the older developer upgraded from V6 to V8 that's where the problem occured. Just can't pinpoint what it could be at the moment

Comment

Mystery sold.

Actinic development said:

Our development team have advised this is working as designed, the default section image only applies if none of the parents have an image defined. If the immediate parent or the grandparent etc. (up to the Online Catalogue section) has an image then the section will inherit that image.

Comment

It's always been like that, never been any different in my experience, probably never seen it if you've always had section images added.

Comment

Working...
                    X