Adding H2 tags to a brochure fragment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding H2 tags to a brochure fragment

How do I add H2 tags to some of the contents of my brochure page?

The fragment title ("FragmentTitle") is already set up to be a H1 tag, now, I'd like to add some keywords within the "FragmentText" to be H2 tags.

Hope somebody can help

Type what you want in the text box and highlight the words you want in h2. There is a drop down box (top right corner of the current window) to choose the heading you want (Heading 2 for you). drop box should have normal as selected to help find it
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

mind you re reading your post, you mention keywords as h2. You will find that they are for headings really.

Comment

The H stands for heading, plonk a lod of text into a H2 and rest assured you will do far more harm than good. They are for headings, in other words the structure of the page, leave them at that. Create yourself a fragment layout called sub heading, use the H2 inside that for the heading part and then use multiple fragments to break up the page (using the new fragment layout), each with it's own Heading.

Comment

So how do I create this new fragment called "Sub Heading"?

Comment

Read the inbuilt help or you could have a read of the tutorial on my site as that touches on this.

Comment

OK, I've created a new Fragment called "Sub Heading". I based it off "Fragment Layout using CSS".
              How do I change the title setting for this "Sub Heading" fragment so that it is now H2?

Go to:-
              Design|Library|Fragments|Sub Heading

then what?

I'm an Actinic numpty and need my hand holding and spoon feeding....I'm sorry!

Comment

If you open up that layout, you should see a <h1> around the fragment title variable, just change the 1 for a 2, remembering that the closing tag </h1> after the variable also needs changing. There's always an opening and closing tag.

<h1>FragmentTitle</h1>

becomes

<h2>FragmentTitle</h2>

Comment

this is what I am seeing having changed the H1 to H2. Is this correct

Code:
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22FragmentAnchor%22%20%2f%3e%20!=%20%22%22">
                  <a name="<actinic:variable name='FragmentAnchor' />"></a>
                  </actinic:block> 
                  		<h2 class="subheading"><actinic:variable Name="FragmentTitle"/></h2>
                  		<p><actinic:variable Name="FragmentText"/></p>

Comment

No, cos the class being applied to that tag, i.e. class="subheading" will not exist for the H2. In your stylesheet you will have:

H1.subheading {
                    blah
                    }

i suspect, but you do not have one for the h2.

So either create a class for the H2, much the same as the H1 you find, or remove the class declaration from the tag completely, so <h2 class="subheading"> becomes <h2>.

Comment

Ok Lee, I appreciate all the help so far. I feel I have made a little progress but not quite enough to put this to bed!

I'm going to need a little more spoon feeding.

This is the code that I have in my present style sheet

Code:
                      /* headings ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- */

h1	{
                      	font-size: <actinic:variable name="ExtraLargeFontSize" />;
                      	font-weight: 900;
                      	margin: 0px;		
                      	padding: 16px 0px 4px 0px;
                      	color: <actinic:variable name="Palette1" />;
                      	}

h1.subheading	{
                      	font-size: <actinic:variable name="LargerFontSize" />;
                      	padding: 0px 0px 14px 0px;
                      	color: <actinic:variable name="Palette2" />;
                      	}

h2	{
                      	font-size: <actinic:variable name="LargeFontSize" />;
                      	padding: 2px 0px 14px 0px;
                      	}

h2.clearall	{
                      	font-size: <actinic:variable name="LargeFontSize" />;
                      	padding: 2px 0px 14px 0px;
                      	clear:both;
                      	}

h3.product	{
                      	padding: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
                      	}

h3.product_price	{
                      	font-size: <actinic:variable name="StandardFontSize" />;
                      	padding: 0px 0px 20px 0px;
                      	}
                      blar blar blar.

What do I need to change now?
                      Do I go back to
                      Design|Library|Fragments|Sub Heading

and change

to read

<h2><actinic:variable Name="FragmentTitle"/></h2>

Comment

I'm not into spoonfeeding Max, after all this is my business and how i put dinner on the table for my family. If you want to get stuck in and have a go, i'll happily help you along the way, but i'm not going to sit here providing a free design service, i never have. Don't overcomplicate it, get stuck in and have a go and one of us will throw you a float if needed.

h1.subheading in the css was applied like so:

<h1 class="subheading">

use the same logic for the new class you are about to create or remove it as i have already outlined.

Comment

Ok, I take back the spoon feeding comment but as you are aware, from previous encounters, I do struggle with this product.

Believe me Lee, if I could afford a designer, I'd be on the phone to you, I wouldn;t be bashing away at a keyboard asking for help.

I was prepared to go with what chunkesolutions suggested as I thought that was the correct answer. Now I understand a little more about what you were suggesting, I can see what you are proposing is the correct soultion to what I was asking (I'm sure chunkedsolution just misunderstood my question).

I don't understand enough about this product and consequences of getting it wrong. That's why I come to this community.

You've helped me a lot and it is appreciated. To complete what I am trying to do, as per your recommendations, do I need to make the changes that I proposed in my last post?

Comment

If you strip back (in the design library, where you suggested), so that:

becomes

<h2><actinic:variable Name="FragmentTitle"/></h2>

instead, then IF the text size is ok once you have done that, then yes you can leave it at that. There is a high probablility though that the styling will not be to your liking, which is where you need to get a class involved to do that styling for you.

You could add a class like so:

h2.maxHeading {
                            padding: 0px 0px 14px 0px;
                            }

and have:

<h2 class="maxHeading"><actinic:variable Name="FragmentTitle"/></h2> in your layout. You then adjust that class to provide you with the styling that you want.

Comment

Not misunderstood Max, just misread it
                              After re reading i noticed that you wanted to highlight some keywords with the h2 tag.
                              Doing this would of broke the flow of content, thus would have resulted in you posting even more to correct it.
                              You can, and the reason why the drop down box is there, put an entire block of html code in the fragment text box if you wanted. But the nature of Actinic means there are normally several ways of doing things to get the same end result.

Good luck with it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X