two questions . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions . . .

we have 'a man who can' apparently re-doing our site/sorting the integration out right so it's all within actinic, and i have provided a snapshot yesterday - can i still create new products from now until he comes thursday/friday to import it back in?

i think its the brochure page/ home page/ fragments layout that is being sorted out whereas i'm talking about products, not altering anything.

secondly . . . . . the invoice that is printed out when an order is completed, can i alter the layout of that? i.e so that the customers address is at the top and our details are below that - or - even better so that the sendingaddress and our address is at the top?

thank you

dave

1) It's totally dependent on the "man who can" and the changes he's making.

If it's design changes then these can be transferred via a Partial Site Design without altering any products.

If it's changes to various setting then they would need either a full Snapshot (clobbering your newly entered products) or manually re-doing on your site.

It's possible that you could Export your products, load his Snapshot and then re-Import your Products. Tricky stuff and you both need to know exactly what you're doing. Best ask him.

2) You need additional software "Crystal Reports V8.5" to tweak the invoices. Expensive for a single use. There are people on this Forum who can do it for you for fee. Search for "Crystal Reports" and you should find them.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thank you Norman, i'm guessing it's the partial design but i am guessing . . .
      the front page was designed in dreamweaver and it wasn't set up for it to be managed by actinic is all i know, so it's that that's being corrected - can't be any more specific as i just don't know the tecnicalities of it.

i'll have a look at the crystal reports you mentioned, it was just a convenience thing really as we slice off the top part of our ebay packing slips so we can just tape them to parcels and the actinic layout means we're chopping the 'middle' bit out that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by trafford View Post
        i'll have a look at the crystal reports you mentioned, it was just a convenience thing really as we slice off the top part of our ebay packing slips so we can just tape them to parcels and the actinic layout means we're chopping the 'middle' bit out that's all.
        I think that Jan www.mole-end.biz may have alternative reports that help with mailing labels.

Comment

we don't need to print them to labels norman, the 'bog standard' actinic invoice is fine straight off the printer but whereas our details cometop of the list with the customers below, we just want it reversing or ours/there details at the top of the invoice - seems odd this cant be changed simply when you can edit the email fields and all that but never mind - i'll probably get back in touch with jan for a quote then this week.

Comment

Originally posted by trafford View Post
            we don't need to print them to labels norman, the 'bog standard' actinic invoice is fine straight off the printer but whereas our details cometop of the list with the customers below, we just want it reversing or ours/there details at the top of the invoice - seems odd this cant be changed simply when you can edit the email fields and all that but never mind - i'll probably get back in touch with jan for a quote then this week.
            Duncan - drounding on this forum - http://www.genesistechnical.co.uk/ac..._Invoices.html also does report customisation.

Comment

Working...
            X