Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying for Return Postage

Hi all.
    Totally our fault we sent to the wrong item to a customer, easily done in busy times but the customer was furious despite our apologies and eventually we agreed for them to return the item to us and we would send out the correct one and refund the postage, meanwhile with at least three threatening emails every day coming from them.

They returned the item all right but I suspect out of spite,they sent it back by special delivery courier for Saturday pre noon which cost nearly £30, a lot more than our standard £7 we usually pay to ship this item. Goodbye profit.

So, do I have any recourse to just pay a "reasonable fee" or am I stuck with refunding the whole of their ludicrous postage even if I did agree?

Next thing is to put something in the Ts & Cs about reasonable postage on returns so if you haven't got this in yours be warned.

So, do I have any recourse to just pay a "reasonable fee" or am I stuck with refunding the whole of their ludicrous postage even if I did agree?
    I think you just have to let it go. Dont forget if you hadnt have sent the wrong item in the first place you wouldn't be in this position.

Comment

agreed, to the best of my knowledge under law you are responsible for the return postage costs if you sent goods in error, would have been better in this case to either have had your courier collect if you use one or state a service that you would be prepared to pay for. i.e recorded delivery or special.

Comment

Thanks for that chaps. I have now amended the Ts & Cs to that effect.

Have a good Christmas o/

Comment

Working...
        X