Analytics Ecommerce Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analytics Ecommerce Tracking

I've been using the trail version of V9 for the past week purely with a view to upgrading to V9 to use the Ecommerce tracking facility. However, I have implamented V9 and the site is working fine bar the Ecommerce tracking in Analytics.

The goals are working OK, but it doesn't pick up on any of the Ecommerce data.

The main cart and checkout on the site is NOT held on a secure server. We do use SagePay or Paypal however to handle the payments so the users are re-directed to those sites to pay and then directed back to us to view their receipt.

Does anybody have any idea why the Ecommerce tracking might not work with this set-up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If set up correctly then the GA code will report to Google on the receipt page. This is of course dependant upon customers bothering to return to your site to see the receipt.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The Goal is set to the receipt page and that is reporting back OK, i.e. it shows the goal conversions and how many customers abandoned the checkout process etc. It is just there is no Ecommerce data showing, in over a week of using V9.

I set up the GA code as described in the V9 Help section...

Comment

Hi

We had a similar issue which had bugged me for months. Finally a submission of the site snapshot to Actinic support resulted in the following suggestion which cured the problem instantly and we are now getting our e-commerce data:

in the Receipt Page Layout, they should add the line

<actinic:variable name="GoogleAnalyticsMarkup" value="Google Analytics Variable Setup" />

just before

<actinic:variable name="INNERLAYOUT" />

Obviously not sure if this would be the sure for you but it could be worth considering.

Regards
        Rob
        For all your car, motorcycle and marine care, cleaning and detailing products.

Comment

Working...
        X