Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic won't load

Hi

I've just taken over from a previous employee at our company and we have a problem with Actinic. I believe it is at least version 9 but I can't open it to find out! I have very little experience of the software, but I do use Access.
    When I try to load the program, I get the login screen along with a couple of splash screens (Initializing site objects) but that's it. I've tried running the program from the catalog.exe file (a suggestion I found on here) but it still won't open. I've also done a compact and repair on the database and cleared any ldb lock files. When I have tried to run the program, there is a process that appears in the Task Manager called ACTSYNCSVR (or similar!) but that's it.
    Help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Andy.

I don't have an answer for you, but just to say that if you consider removing and reinstalling the software, make sure that you have kept copies of any snapshots (and a backup of the site folder is good too) before you do it. You should see catalog.exe in the processes when it is running correctly.

Is it possible that the previous employee could have sabotaged the installation??

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Have you seen this:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=37467

is yours a multiuser system?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It is a multi-user system - but no-one else is using it currently. I can be fairly sure that the previous employee hasn't sabotaged it as he left on good terms.
        We have three sites that run using Actinic (I think it's Business Plus). Another chap also uses the software so I'll have to check with him that he has up-to-date snapshots. I don't really know what else to try.

Comment

Daft question probably but what happens if you try to login?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

You may find that the computer he used is the one with the Sync set up so start that first and then try, failing that turn all computers on which are on the network before starting actinic, I have a feeling its just no starting the sync program
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for responses.
              If I try to login the splash screen disappears and nothing else.
              I have discovered, though, that it is related to using Remote Desktop Connection. If I RDC directly to the machine, it's OK. If I RDC to another machine, and then RDC from that machine, the problem occurs.
              I'll do a bit of searching and see if anyone has had this before or if it's just an anomaly of our network.
              Andy.

Comment

Why do you want to piggyback your RDCs, for security or are you bridging networks?
                I would reccommend logmein direct to the machine - the free version is secure and works a treat.

Comment

I'm using multiple RDCs as the one that hosts Actinic does not have an external IP address for access.
                  I haven't tried logmein. Thanks for the advice.
                  Andy.

Comment

"I haven't tried logmein"

we reckon TeamViewer is worth a look too

Comment

Working...
                    X