Associated Product Price - New VAT Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associated Product Price - New VAT Rate

Is anyone able to provide a fix for updating Associated Product Prices with the new VAT rate.

Within a Section>Product>Component under the Permutations tab I have Associated Products with the Pricing set to "Associated Product Prices". Unfortunately these Associated Prices do not update to display the revised VAT rate (a bug in Actinic).

I have been informed by Actinic Support that the correct prices will be displayed once the item has been put into the Cart. They are working on a fix but it won't be sorted until Monday at the earliest.

As most of the products on my site use Associated Product Prices I was hoping that someone knew of a fix for this.

Please help!
    Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Is this the same even if you refresh the website (suggest putting the site into test mode and trying that)?
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Refreshing the site doesn't make any difference. The price published to the site is incorrect on the Section Pages but correct on the checkout pages.
      Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Are we sure we are not talking about the manual adding of vat to permutation prices here, whereby the 1.15 needs changing to 1.175?

If not, try changing the selected price layout in site options, watch the change on the sections and then change it back, that might force a refresh of the page prices?

Comment

Problem solved!

The layout for Associated Product Prices does not include a variable for the VAT rate and so the VAT rate has to be manually edited in the layout!

(Is there a variable for the VAT rate?)
          Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

There is no variable no, hence the manual change I mentioned that you probably needed to do. It'd be good if there was though - agreed.

Comment

Is it possible to add your own variable and use that instead of repeated manual changes for the VAT rate that goes up and down like a yo-yo these days? LOL

Is there an easy example of using variables in calculations (the whole <actinic:variables name=) business confuses me.
              The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Is there not a tick box to tell Actinic to use the associated tax rate?

There is in V6 (slightly behind the times I know so apologies if things have moved backwards since then).

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The VAT rate is set in Actinic and used in many layouts, so there would be little benefit in redoing that and modifying many layouts.

If you want to perform calculations with variables then you will need to use php within Actinic. have a search around for RRP and Discount Prices or similar on the forum and you will see some examples of how to use php and variables in Actinic.

Comment

OK, will bow out as I'm clearly missing an important point and have asked enough stupid questions this week. VAT is used throughout Actinic, but is not in a variable so must be hardcoded. That seems wrong so I guess I don't get it LOL
                    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

It is a setting an Actinic that is used in layouts as a variable. the variable containing the VAT is <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/> and also <actinic:variable name="TaxRate2"/> if you have more than one VAT rate set up.

Comment

Working...
                      X