Restoring Design View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Design View

I'm a bit of a dopey duck in that I have been playing around with Design View to change font sizes and colours etc. but seem to have clicked too many "x" boxes along the way. I've ended up with a Design View that is just a blank page ! How can I restore it to show the many and varied windows ? I don't mind if everything goes back to factory default as I was only just getting the feel of the features...

Seeing the date on the calendar may I wish all users of the Forum the best of fortune in 2010. I think we might need it !!!!
    Sci-fi and Cult TV collectables at www.startrader.co.uk

The "window" drop down menu has your restore options. Split view layout is my personal favourite.

Comment

Smashing ! Sorted it out thanks to your good advice.

Just one other thing - I must admit I have a lot of "departments" and when they are shown in the left-hand sidebar it's a very long list and I would like to make it a bit clearer by having various sub-headings in a differently coloured font. But when I attempt this in Design View it changes the whole thing, i.e. a global alteration. Do you know how to pick out individual headings [or even words] for a colour change or size change ???

My thanks in advance...

Comment

That's probably the worst menu i've seen for quite a while to be frank. I think you need to look at using a dynamic menu (drillpine.biz) or rationalising to show just top level sections. If you are struggling, rest assured your users are probably at their wits end with it, you need to get some usability into it PDQ IMO. Colouring the subs is possible via css, but i don't think that will come close to solving things. Put your site up for review in the review forum and gauge opinions if you don't fully believe what i am saying.

Comment

I'd recommend you take a look at Norman's Collapso menu:
          http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html
          http://www.drillpine.biz/v8collapso5/

Comment

I agree the "Departments" sidebar is terribly cluttered. I have looked as to how I can select only the most essential headings and can't find how to include those or exclude the ones I don't want. Any guidance as to how this can be achieved would be most welcome and appreciated...

Comment

Working...
            X