Short Description Box only showing capitals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Description Box only showing capitals

Hi. I sell cut out letters, but when I put a lowercase letter in the "Short Description" Box in product info I get a capital in the page preveiw. So when I want to show a ["Red letter - lower case "a"] I get ["Red letter - lower case "A"].

Can someone help?

Kim Dohm
    www.95percentdanish.co.uk
    www.95percentdutch.co.uk

This isn't Actinics usual behaviour. Perhaps someone has altered the CSS used for that field. Look for a text-transform decleration and remove it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for that, but I have looked in the Actinic Stylesheet and there is no "text-transform" code or the word "capitalize". Am I looking in the right place?

Comment

If you post an URL of a faulty page and point out the text that should be in lower case that will help a lot.

If you've not got a live site, then you can try previewing a page. Then in Internet Explorer do View / Source to look at the HTML code of said page. Search for a word unique to the short description and see what's going on around it.

Comment

There you go...

http://www.95percentdanish.com/acata...bs___Flex.html

When I type a lower case 'b' on the word "bulbs" I get a capital 'B' in the preview.

Thanks

Comment

If you look in the exterior stylesheet (another one also being used) you will find it, it's not in the actinic one.

Comment

By the way love your 'Accordion Menu' it may be what we need on www.95percentdanish.com

Also 'Tabber'.

Well it got me looking at your site thanks...

Comment

Sorry thought it was only Norman and me!

Where would the only style sheet be? And can I get to it from inside Actinic?

Comment

It will be in your site1 folder i'd imagine, if you take a look in the <head> area of your site template, you should see it referenced. You can't alter it in actinic, you'll need to open it up in notepad or something like that if you have no html/css editor.

If you look at the page using firefox and the firebug addon, you can click on 'inspect' and hover over any area to see the styles and the stylesheet being used to style that area. Well worth adding to your arsenal.

Comment

Firebug tells me that danish.css contains:
                    Code:
                    .product-txt h2 {
                    color:#000000;
                    font-size:1.8em;
                    margin:0 0 5px;
                    padding:0;
                    text-transform:capitalize;
                    }