Adding Product Price into Page Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Product Price into Page Title

I am interested in testing out placing the product price in the page title of SPP product pages where my prices are lower than my competitors in the hope that the clickthough rate may increase.

I have tried adding <actinic:variable name="ProductPriceOnline" /> inside the title tags but that just added "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE" online.

Is it possible to achieve what I have described?, perhaps I would need to use a PriceList block, any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

I would probably create a custom variable so I can easily select which products I want this to apply to and am happy working with BlockIfs so should be easily achiveable.

The disadvantages I could see would be:
    1. Changes to product prices could take weeks to be updates in the google search results.
    2. Possible dilution of the page title keywords.

Have others tried this and if so do you see any benefit?
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Hi Darren,

Is price the key factor in getting people to your site? If you add it to the title it will draw attention to all your competitors.

Perhaps a change to the meta description with "Best Prices for...." or similar would be sufficient and solve the maintenance issue.

Otherwise I think you need to try <actinic:block type="ProductList" >. Actinic will probably complain about errors but still render the page.

Good luck!
    Alan Johnson

Quality Parrot Cages & Accessories by Parrotize UK
    Pet Accessories by Animal Instinct

Comment

Thanks Alan,

Price is not our main selling point but would be interested in testing the difference on a few selected products where our prices are on the lower end and perhaps the google search results are lower and not generating as many clicks as they might.

I will have a play with the <actinic:block type="ProductList" > blocks and see how I get on.
      I have no intention of putting a price in all title tags.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

if you aren't going to put price in every product, i'd be more inclined to simply use the page title in the product box and hard code it for the products you want to experiment with.

Do you do a google feed? i find this is more useful at getting your product on page 1 along with price

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          if you aren't going to put price in every product, i'd be more inclined to simply use the page title in the product box and hard code it for the products you want to experiment with.
          My concern with hardcoding the prices would be that I would forget to change them when I altered prices.

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Do you do a google feed? i find this is more useful at getting your product on page 1 along with price
          Yes we do upload a product feed to google.
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
          X