How to display product weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to display product weight

Is there anyway of getting the product weight (as held in the OpaqueShippingData field in the database) to display in a product record? Or a way of copying the data that is that field into a Custom Variable so I can display that?

All my products have a weight (for shipping purposes - though at moment I don't use weight based shipping) and I now need to show these for each product.

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

Use <actinic:variable name="ShippingWeight" /> as I found by searching the Variable Reference Guide (off the Help menu) for "weight".

If you want to do a quick test, then just put [ShippingWeight] into a product description.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman - doh - now why didn't I think of that variable - think I tried almost every other one that I though might contain a weight but not that one! works perfectly - THANK YOU!

Kathy

PS: Duncan - am sure I saw a reply from you earlier as well but not there now - but thanks anyway!
      Kathy Newman

Comment

If you are trying to display the product weight on the product page this thread may be useful if you want weights displayed in grams rather than kg:http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=32596
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
        X