Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Selection - Permutations.

Hi Guys
    Is it possible to have a setup where using permutations and hidden associated products, you can select multiple products on the page, that would function similarly to A "SINGLE ADD TO CART BUTTON PER PAGE " Page.
    Thanks
    Dave
    www.baypressservices.com

Try having several Components per product and making each Component optional.

You'll then get a checkbox for each Component so can include as many as you like with the product.

You won't however be able to vary the quantity added to the cart individually (unless you use a pre-set list of quantities in a set of Choices).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Norman
      Attached screenshot.
      I'm not doing something right.
      Can you spot it?
      Thanks
      Dave
      Attached Files
      www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Since you've not said what you're wanting to do, so it's unlikely that anyone can.

Guessing what you're after - your use of an Attribute with one Choice on each Component seems uneccessary. Just associate a product with each Component via the Component's General tab / Associated Product.

If you need multiple products per page why not just do it using the built-in Actinic way.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

See attached URL
          On this site, there are multiple components with multiple selections where more than one can be selected at one time.
          www.baypressservices.com

Comment

sorry

http://www.rpimaging.com/store/PID841
            www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb View Post
              See attached URL
              On this site, there are multiple components with multiple selections where more than one can be selected at one time.
              The standard multiple choice component uses either a drop down box or radio buttons as you can only have one choice for each component. There is another thread where it was suggested you can change the radio buttons to check-boxes which is fine but selecting multiple choices by ticking more than one box still only puts one of the ticked boxes into the cart so there is more to it than just changing the code from radio to check-box.

However you can achieve what you want by using a combination of multiple choice components for items which are mutually exclusive via radio buttons, and single components for all the other choices which may or may not be added to the product as they have done on the example you show.

I am actually working on something similar for a client http://www.boilershopuk.co.uk/acatal...bi_boiler.html where we wanted to allow the customer to select multiple extra items to the main product. This simply uses a modified layout to achieve the effect and relies on single components, without attributes or choices, but linked to associated products as Norman suggested earlier.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Malcolm
                Your boilershop is exactly what I am trying to accomplish, but modifying a layout at moment is over my head.
                I've successfully done a cut and paste from the AUG in the past, but am not html compliant enough yet to actually write code.
                Thanks
                Dave
                www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Malcolm
                  Your boilershop is exactly what I am trying to accomplish, but modifying a layout at moment is over my head.
                  I've successfully done a cut and paste from the AUG in the past, but am not html compliant enough yet to actually write code.
                  Thanks
                  Dave
                  Dave

The work involved was to define some new layouts for the components, do you feel ok to add new layouts to the library if I provide the code and instructions?

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Wow
                    Malcolm
                    That is unbelievably compliant (buzzword of 2009 & 10) of you.
                    Absolutely and thank you.
                    I will send you a link to show you how it comes out.
                    Thx
                    Dave
                    www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Wow
                      Malcolm
                      That is unbelievably compliant (buzzword of 2009 & 10) of you.
                      Absolutely and thank you.
                      I will send you a link to show you how it comes out.
                      Thx
                      Dave
                      open Design Library, select layouts, find 'Components' and add a new layout 'Single Component Layout' then copy this code into the new layout.
                      Code:
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                         <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e">checked="checked"</actinic:block> />
                      </actinic:block> 
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e">
                         <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" />
                      <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />(+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>)
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentRetailCustomerMessage%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                      <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=<actinic:variable name="ComponentIndex" />><actinic:variable name="ComponentRetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION><br>
                      now add a second new layout 'Single Header Component Layout' then copy this code into the new layout.
                      Code:
                      <br>
                      <b><actinic:variable name="ComponentDisplayLabel" /></b>
                      <br>
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                         <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e">checked="checked"</actinic:block> />
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e">
                         <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" />
                      	<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />
                      	(+<actinic:block PHP='true' SELECTABLE='false'>formattedcurrency(<actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductPriceRaw" />, <actinic:variable name="CurrencyDigits" />, '<actinic:variable name="MoneyDecimalSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="MoneyThousandSeparator" />', '<actinic:variable name="DefaultCurrency" />');</actinic:block>)
                      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentRetailCustomerMessage%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                      <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=<actinic:variable name="ComponentIndex" />><actinic:variable name="ComponentRetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION><br>
                      then open the selector 'Component Layout' select the values tab and make sure the two new layouts are available on the right hand side, if not select them and then use the right arrow to move them over.

OK that is all you need, exit the library and move to the product and make sure you add some components, the name and HMTL text are not used for the basic component layout so anything is OK here. For each component on the General tab make sure that 'Is Optional' is ticked, select associated product and set the options 'Associeted product price, tax and name'. On the Layout tab select the new layout 'Single Compnent Layout'.

If you want to separate the components into groups then you can use the first compnent in each group as a header by selecting the 'Single Header Component Layout' and put the text you want as header in the 'HTML for name' on the General tab.

This results in the information being displayed as shown on the BoilerShopUK.co.uk site in previous post. This should be all you need.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

(+ Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in main on line 1 )

Malcolm
                        Getting the above error next to the check box.
                        Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Dave
                        www.baypressservices.com

Comment

(+ Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in main on line 1 )

Malcolm
                          Getting the above error next to the check box.
                          Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Dave
                          Not sure
                          I generated a new store in Actinic, followed the instructions here and have a working product with options. I tried both of the layouts and neither gives an error.

The error looks more like a php error and there is no php code on line 1 in either of the two layouts, the only code is in the line formatted currency, enclosed screen shots show the code and the results.
                          Attached Files

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Malcolm
                            Did exactly as you did, and ran your stuff on the Actinic Demo site, and of course, it worked perfectly.
                            But as you can see on the attached, for some reason, it is bringing up the error on our site.
                            As Yul Brenner said in The King and I, "It is a Puzzlement".
                            Thanks for your help.
                            Dave
                            Attached Files
                            www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Malcolm
                              Did exactly as you did, and ran your stuff on the Actinic Demo site, and of course, it worked perfectly.
                              But as you can see on the attached, for some reason, it is bringing up the error on our site.
                              As Yul Brenner said in The King and I, "It is a Puzzlement".
                              Thanks for your help.
                              Dave
                              I suspect your setup for the product is different to the one I use, from the image it looks like the function 'formattedcurrency()' is complaining about the variables that are being passed to it. The three tabs for the component I setup are shown in the images, check that yours are setup in a a similar manner.

Edit

I have also uploaded a screenshot from the site

Edit 2

Dave sent me a snapshot so I could see what he was doing, the problem was that he was trying to use a component with multiple choices resulting in the error he described. To make this code work you need to use multiple components, one for each choice. The new picture content.jpg shows the original setup MIS-DBW which does not work and the new setup MIS-DBW2 which does.

The final picture MIS-DBW2 show the results.
                              Attached Files

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                              X