No announcement yet.

www.www appearing in Google results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it might be a control panel thing - thus a server thing. I'm waiting for confirmation of this before suggesting a solution.

Comment

However for me, the biggest thing is killing the problem at the server. If the server stops creating the www.www.www.www site there will be nothing for Google to crawl and nothing to index.
      This shouldn't be a problem. The pages with a single www. are already indexed and rank higher than the other pages (as you stated in the first post). It's just a case of eleminating the duplicate pages and everything else will be fine.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

i would definately say a server / control panel problem however the fix is probably easy if you know exactly were to look

i wonder if this is possibly a bug in the server software as opposed to a user configuration.

Good luck Jo

Comment

Hi all

Quick update... the issue seems to have been identified... a bug in the server hosting Control Panel.

I'm concerned now that the hosting issue is needs to be resolved but this isn't really a appropriate for this section, so I have created a new thread under Other Issues: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46028

With regards to Google indexing, it is still a problem, but it is a sympton of the bigger problem (e.g. the hosting issue) and therefore once the rogue site issue is resolved, the indexing issue will also be resolved (e.g. there won't be a site for Google to index).

If anyone has any advice with regards to the hosting problems I would appreciate your opinions... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46028

Kind regards

Paul
          KJ Beckett
          Men's Clothing & Accessories
          Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
          Bath, England
          Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
          Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Working...
          X