reordering of "choices"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reordering of "choices"

ok, (and lots of thanks to Norman incidentally) .. I've got a set of products, each with - components, attributes and a list of choices.

When I add a new 'choice', after the event .. it seems to add the revised choice to the bottom of the list.

if the choice should be within the existing list .. between other choices .. I don't seem to be able to enforce this.. In the content tree it is the right place, but in the preview the latest 'choice' sits at the bottom of the drop down list .. how do I move the choices around so they are in the order I need?

Thanks .. David

You need to create the list again, they go in order of creation, not order of what you want as i understand it. I read it in a previous thread on the same subject.

Comment

well that's a bit rubbish .. .. how did that piece of usability get through!? If one wants to add another choice at some point in the future (which is what's just happened to me here) one should be able to add it into the list anywhere .. not have to start the list again from scratch .. that's just silly!

thanks for the answer though Lee .. who do I talk to to get this fixed in the next version!?

Comment

Drag and drop always works fine for me ...
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

drag and drop works ok UNLESS you have permutations in use.
          You can drag the newly created one where you want it and, in a standard choice dropdown scenario, it should re-position itself in the list.
          However, if your dropdown list is showing permutations (so, if you're using your permutations tab to allow choice dependant pricing or associated products) then it'll always add the new one to the bottom because your 'choice' list is showing the permutations rather than choices and the newly added permutations always go on the bottom.

I've requested before for the permutations list to allow reshuffling. A simple up and down arrow to re-sort the order would be a GREAT help as you could then re-order the 'choice' list in these circumstances.
          As it stands, the only way I can find to do it is to 'cut' all the choices (with the new ones in place) 'paste' back into place (so they're in the correct order from the start) and re-do the permutations.

That's fine for short lists or if you're only entering a few prices but it's a crap solution if you're associating products (which is a ball ache at the best of times) or managing long lists.

It's a bit rubbish really
          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
            I've requested before for the permutations list to allow reshuffling. A simple up and down arrow to re-sort the order would be a GREAT help as you could then re-order the 'choice' list in these circumstances.
            funnily enough that's exactly what I would have expected to be there .. agreed it's totally rubbish that it doesn't have such a thing.

hey .. actinic folks .. do you hear our plea!?

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
              A simple up and down arrow to re-sort the order would be a GREAT help as you could then re-order the list

This should be extended to attributes, components, products, sections, fragments and brochure pages.
              Even a ctrl-Up/Down or shift-Up/Down short-keys would be all that's required.

Very good idea. One of those little usability things that can make a huge difference.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                This should be extended to attributes, components, products, sections, fragments and brochure pages.
                Even a ctrl-Up/Down or shift-Up/Down short-keys would be all that's required.

Very good idea. One of those little usability things that can make a huge difference.
                absolutely ..

Comment

[QUOTE=fergusw;293524]This should be extended to attributes, components, products, sections, fragments and brochure pages.
                  [QUOTE]

Def. add my vote. For product lists its a total nightmare everytime you add a new product and have to move them around to put in alpha order.
                  Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

I've added this to the wish list thread
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Cheers, Fergie
                      Tracey

Comment

just added my vote .. it's crazy it doesn't already have it.

Comment

I've just run into this issue - quite mind-boggling that although the lists can be resorted by clicking on the column headers, there's no option to Apply Changes!

It would be good to see this brought in - surely it can't be a major piece of work to implement?
                          Alan Morris
                          OakRidge Internet Ltd

Comment

Working...
                          X