Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Online Catalogue

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be gentle ps. lots of great info here so thanks for the resource!

I built my actinic site based on products rather than the main pages first, and for some reason the code went west and I couldn't add brochure pages in the navigation bar, so I took the decision to re-install V8 and start again!
    It works!!!

BUT i would really like to not input all the stock again, so I was wondering what file relates to the online catalogue info within the site, and how to add this info back into a site. Can I drag and drop (copy over the file) and it will read like the old site did?

Cheers

Jamie
    info@feetfirstrecords.com

Did you completely uninstall the software and take no backups before doing that? If so i fear you might have lost the lot, you need to learn about snapshots, there's a tutorial on my site, i'd suggest you have a good read of that.

Comment

Pretty much everything is kept in ActinicCatalog.mdb.

If you still have this from the old site then you can create a snapshot of this and import the products into the new site.

To do this:

1. You need an active version of Actinic to create the snapshot. This can be done by adding a site if using multisite, installing actinic onto another PC, or overwriting the current site. Just make sure you backup everything first.

2. Once you have an active copy of actinic to play with, copy the mdb to the site1 folder and start actinic. Create a snapshot.

3. Open your current version of actinic and import the snapshot. You should be given the option of importing products only.

Once again. Make sure you have a backup of anything that's important to you before you do this.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for that! I took a snapshot and moved the whole V8 doc file to another area of my PC so that when I re-installed I would have everything still on my computer if it all went belly up. I'll let you know how I got on.

Regards,

Jamie

Comment

phew someone actually backed up, i was expecting a thread that said i want to copy my site to me desktop

Comment

Working...
          X