Company Logo not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Logo not showing

I have inserted a comany logo jpg and set it to "site". It is showing fine on the home page and brochure pages but not on the online shop. When I preview I get the red X box and in properties it says it cannot find

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/All%20Users/Documents/Actinic%20v9/Sites/Linkey%20Trade%20Limited/PreviewHTML/Images/linkey_banner_980.jpgv

There is no file with ext .jpgv in the site
    Been through help file and AUG without success. Can anyone advise please?

What is the filename of your logo? Can you open it in a browser?

Comment

I think "set it to site" might be the key here, what does that mean exactly? the logo is defined in site options in two fields, one for section pages and one for brochure pages. As long as it is in your site1 folder and you point to it there, there is little that can go wrong.

Comment

File name is "linkey_banner_980.jpg".It in the site folder "Linkey Trade Limited" in the "Images" folder. Yes I can open it in a browser.

Comment

Defined in site options or not? that's the only place you should define the logo.

Comment

Defined in Site Options/General - in Site- Company Logo Image,Brochure and Section- Default Section Image as "Images\linkey_banner_980.jpg"

Comment

There are only 2 places to define a logo, no more. If the 980 on the end of the image name has anything to do with the size of the logo, then you certainly don't want that as the default section image also.

If it is a logo to go at the top of the site, it gets defined in the 2 fields in site options, that is it. If it doesn't show on screen preview, then either the code for the logo area has been changed or there is a problem with the image. As you say you can open the image, one can only assume that your code is altered. Have you changed any of the code in the logo layout, can we see the site live, it's difficult to solve a problem blind.

Comment

Sorry for not replying - had the taxman call!! Do not have anywhere to upload too. Only have a snapshot. Given that you believe that it is pretty straightforward I will scrap the site and start again - it is in the early stages it is not a big deal. Thanks for the advice and I will revert.
                Cheers,
                George

Comment

Started from scratch and it is fine now. Thanks Lee!

Comment

Working...
                  X