Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the orders kept

Just a quick one,
    Are the orders in actinic stored in the access database?
    So if i just wanted to transfer the order details over to another site i could just do that by backing up the database and not the whole site by snapshot

Paul
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

There's an import orders option on the file menu if that's any good, not entirely sure what you're trying to do.

Comment

I've done major work on a v9 site that was upgraded from v8. My client has been using v8 while i have been doing the work so there is new orders that need to be carried over for order history purposes.
      So what i was going to do is create a current snapshot of the v8 site that they have been using, import it into v9 and let it do it's stuff, then import the contents of the v9 site that i have been working on over the top.
      But as the site is nearly 500mb it takes ages to do a snapshots, so i thought to save time i could just back up the database and restore it in a fresh v9 site, and import the work i have done in v9 over the top

Hope that makes sense

Comment

Client site is 8, production site is 9?

Get snapshot from client, in the dev site select file | import orders.

I think this will work for 8 to 9. if not upgrade client snapshot to 9 then as above.

Send snapshot back to client. Tell client now to download any orders whilst you do this - bit TBH it only takes 10 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
          Client site is 8, production site is 9?
          Yep that's the one.

I will have a play, i thought i could have taken a short cut by just backing up the database as it takes over an hour to backup

Comment

You can import orders from the V8 database into the V9 one - when the site is updated they will be upgraded to V9 style orders automatically if there are any differences.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X