Problem saving images / photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem saving images / photos

I have installed Actinic v8.5.1 onto a Windows7 machine in the documents/setting option.
    Actinic has been installed in c:/users/actinic
    When i try to save photos within my site1 folder i get a message "You dont have permission to save in this location. contact the administrator to gain permission." I am the only user on this computer.
    Please help, all other features seam to be working ok just having a nightmare trying to save photos
    Many Thanks
    Peter

Probably need to save in my documents, the actinic folders are in 2 locations.

Comment

on windows 7 should the images not be saved in the public folder along with the actinic site, you cant save to other folders that are not your user name under the users area, only the administrator can do this (setting an account with administrator privilages does not make you an administrator)

unless /actinic is your logon then it should

Comment

I created a folder in my documents and called it Actinic, when i then installed actinic i tried to save/install to that folder but could not find it, I could only see documents and settings which i clicked and this installed it under Users.
        Have I missed something or installed it in the wrong place.

Comment

when you logged into win7 and installed actinic you should have let it install to the location that is for all users, then just created the folder in actinic called images.

This method normally proves to be the best method, others might do it other ways but for me this never gives me a problem.

Alternative find your actinic site and create the image folder iside this directory and all should be fine

Comment

This http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219 post from Actinic explains the site folder location.

E.g. Actinic should be installed into Program Files for all users. You should choose the My Documents option for your Site folder location.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X