text tweak .. can I .. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text tweak .. can I .. ?

I have a new site (for a client) about to go live which sells pneumatic components. Most products are shipped in bags .. so a product comes in (say) a bag of 5 or 10.

With some very kind help from Norman, I've managed to get Actinic to display per unit price and calculate a bag value. this is great and it's working well.

So as to avoid confusion, I tweaked the text on the site to display Quantity (number of bags) : [ 1] .. this makes sense for all those products which come in bags. (which is 95%) .. however, the tubing comes in rolls (not bags) and there are a handful of products which are individual .. like an airgun for instance.

Is it possible to override the text by the QTY box for certain products? .. so for tubing (for instance) I could override the text to display Quantity (number of rolls) : or just plain 'Quantity :' where there's an individual product?

This can be done.

Probably the easiest way is to create a new variable for the quantity text.

You can then edit the layout to include some PHP that will display the text in the variable if it's not blank.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You could try creating a new variable at product level with the top level value set as (number of bags) and initial value set as use parent.

Add your new variable into your layout after Quantity.

Now all your products will have (number of bags) after the Quantity and you can change the 5% that need different text at product level.
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Crystal Healing Jewellery
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Working...
      X