AVG anti Virus slows Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVG anti Virus slows Actinic

Just found out that AVG was really slowing down Actinic especially on downloading orders, so may be worth checking
    Chris Ashdown

which OS and Actinic version are you using, Chris?
    AVG seems to be playing havoc a lot lately!
    Tracey

Comment

i think this might tie in nicely with people that are using win 7, AVG is causing problems with uploading e.t.c

I will be honest i used AVG for years but found it was becomming a dog IMHO i moved to nod32 a few years ago and have a mulituser business license and have to be honest i have not looked back

Comment

yes, the reason why I asked is because if may be causing problems other than on W7, which would put the blame more at AVG's door than W7 (much as I'd love to blame Gatesy LOL)
        Tracey

Comment

LOL i was comming to the same conclusion

Comment

Version 9.0.5 with XP Pro
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

I wonder if there's anyone out there running anything other than 9.0.5 and having problems with AVG?
              Maybe it's a 905/AVG conflict that is made worse with W7?
              Tracey

Comment

I'm using W7 with AVG and v905 and don't have any issues.

Comment

There are some pretty nasty viruses out at the mo, that AVG (Norton didnt pick this up either) has not picked up, esp an ftp one - ie visit an infected site, it then downloads to your pc and re-uploads via all ftp acct it finds on your pc.

My preferred AV is kaspersky (you can get a 3 user edition at tesco for £25)

Comment

Not had any problems with win xp or vista when using Actinic 9.05 and the latest AVG (unless AVG decides to do a system scan).
                    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X