Logged In Page Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logged In Page Preview

Until now I have avoided issuing trade customers with accounts but start to do so shortly.
    I have set-up a test account and logged in myself and have spotted several layout problems that I need to address but they are only visible when logged in.

My question is therefore, is there any way of getting Actinic to show the account customers logged-in view in the Actinic Page Preview window rather than the standard retail customer view, or do I need to upload the site and log in online to check the progress of any changes made.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

I think the best is to do this with a cut down version of the site as all links need to be cgi links.

Comment

Could you expand on what you have said I am unclear how your answer related to the question.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I think Duncan is suggesting using a cut down version of the site, uploaded to a test domain, that you can leave logged in while you do your testing.

So much of the logged in facility can only be tested once live as it needs the live scripts, which preview facility will disable. Grab a test domain and use that leaving the main site working as normal until you have all things ironed out.

Make sure you have relative linking across the store, if not when a hard coded link is pressed, they will be logged out. You will not get a decent reliable view of the store in the preview screen. In reality you should only see changes on the shop top page and the product/section layouts, there isn't much else that changes (they could be ironed out in an hours work overnight i suspect).

Comment

Thanks,

I thought that might be the case.

A site upload only takes a couple of minutes and don't have any customers yet with log-in details so can use the live site in combination with Firebug.

I have made a start but am now a little confused how some of the code is being generated and how to control it, for example in my 'Related Products' layout I currently have just the price displayed but when viewed by a logged in account customer I get the text "Retail Price £5.95 Your Price £5.95".

I can see that I can edit the actual text in the 'General' tab of 'Site Options', but how can I get it just to say '£5.95'.
          I would prefer not to alter the text variables 'RetailPricePrefix' and 'YourPricePrefix' as I am likely to still use these in the Product Layouts.

My guess is that is one of those Red <Actinic:PRICES </Actinic:PRICES> things I don't understand where Actinic preforms a bit of secret magic behind a curtain and won't let me see how it's done, in which case do I have any control or can someone push me in the right direction.
          I have attached screenshots of the current 'Retail' and 'Trade' views plus a screenshot of the 'Related Products' layout code.
          Attached Files
          Darren Guppy
          Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
          X