Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimisation of the UserDefinedProperties table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimisation of the UserDefinedProperties table?

Hello all

I have a particularly large UserDefinedProperties table and I am desperately trying to reduce its size. I have removed all non-essential custom properties but it is still at 600,000 rows.

I do have alot of products however I believe there is a massive amount of rows appearing with blank information and I am trying to figure out if it is possible for properties with blank contents not to appear as a row in this table.

For example:

EXD
    • ETAILS_CARE is a custom property used in a small amount of my products. Therefore, within the Actinic UI, most products have blank (no information) in the property field.
    • However there are 15445 rows containing the EXDETAILS_CARE within the UserDefinedProperties table. Therefore most of the 15445 rows in the table are appearing for blank information.
    • I have tried swit
    hing off: Use Parent() but this actually increases the size of the database and amount of rows??!?!

However some properties are not having this issue.
    • LightboxImage9 is similar to EXDETAILS_CARE in that most products do not use this property and there are only 14 rows in the UserDefinedProperties table.

I have compared the Variables set-up between EXDETAILS_CARE and LightboxImage9 and with the exception of Place of Setting I can't see anything different (see attached screenshot).

Can anyone see why LighboxImage9 is more efficient than EXDETAILS_CARE in the UserDefinedProperties table?

If all properties acted efficiently like LighboxImage9 I could significantly reduce the size of the UserDefinedProperties table!

Many thanks

Paul
    Attached Files
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Your table is probably corrupt from the looks of it, if you have use parent unticked then that table should contain one row of information for every possible settings (so every product, section, fragment etc that could have it set).

If you have it ticked then the table should contain one row for every place where you have actually defined a value.

The way around it I think would be to delete the variable that has to many rows, make sure that the table doesn't retain any old entries and then recreating it.

You could also talk to support at Actinic who may be able to help.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
    X