Other info question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other info question

I have a range of soft toys with a few tartans in stock, I want to use the other info box for customer to order tartans i don't stock but can order.
    (If your tartan is not on our list below, please insert your choice of tartan).
    However putting a test order through the order comes up with whichever tartan is in the tartan choice at the time and the other info question just doesn't appear at all.
    Will this always be so if I continue to offer a choice in a drop down box.. and where did the more info question go?

http://www.scottishgifts4u.co.uk/aca...TTIE_DOGS.html
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Having 'other' or 'custom choice' in the lists also would seem logical to me if you attack things that way, that way they are not buying the default choice of tartan, just to tell you which one they actually want. Are you sure that you don't get the other info information on the order, it's probably just on a different tab to what you expect, explore the different tabs of the order.

The box needs to be optional too otherwise it's silly if i have to fill it out even if you do not want a custom tartan.

Comment

If you use the Other Info prompt, it becomes mandatory. This will mess up your regular products that don't need this. I'm surprised that you're not seeing this happen.

Simplest way would be to have a second product "Soft toy - custom tartan" which doesn't have the Choices but does have a mandatory Other Info prompt.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Other info question prompt formatting

Hi all,

when using the "other info question" prompt i get my receipt emails back with a deformed copy of what people have entered.

There are %0a[BR]-

How can I stop this happening as people come back to me saying that they didnt enter these characters.
        Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Something to do with this?
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
          X