Change Price Based Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Price Based Schedule

How would I change the 'base' customer pricing is calculated upon?

I am trying to create a tiered discount level for wholesalers so that the retail price may be for example £10.00 where the wholesale price is £5.00, scenario is that we offer a 10% discount for certain wholesalers but the discount is based upon the retail 'base'. We need that calculation to be upon the wholesale price.

I could create a discount in marketing and restrict that to a particular group however the output would be in an information line get 10% off when you... rather than displaying "Your Price" against the product which is what I need.

Can the database be adapted in the Price Schedule table maybe?

Setup a group for the trade and set it so that price is multiplied by 0.5, thus a 50% reduction on price auto happens on every price for you. Then setup a group for your others ( x 0.4), then apply to the group to the relevant customers.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Setup a group for the trade and set it so that price is multiplied by 0.5, thus a 50% reduction on price auto happens on every price for you. Then setup a group for your others ( x 0.4), then apply to the group to the relevant customers.
      Thanks Lee I could see how that would work if the calculation were as simple as the example I posted, but here's an actual scenario...

The retail price is £8.95, the wholesale price is £7.45 and the discounts apply to the wholesale price (which I require as the base schedule) so let's say a wholesaler gets 10% discount on the wholesale price then that would be £6.705 rounded to £6.71 they should pay... applying the workaround you suggested would work with one product but then say I have a product where the difference between retail and wholesale doesn't follow the same protocol. Game over...

Looking at the database structure the Retail schedule within the PriceSchedules table has a column value of -1 under nBaseSchedule and that's the only different value other than a default radio box and the nID value which seems to be an incremental record marker. I tried changing the nBaseSchedule value to the nID value of the scedule I wanted to base the calculation upon (as that's what the structure seemed to be doing) and the "BASE UPON" value in Actinic CP did change for one record only, it was buggy as there was no result in the calculation but the description did update... I am missing something here.

Comment

If prices don't follow set percentages and set discounts, then like you say that method is useless. I was answering where a trade price is 50% less in all cases and for some trade customers it is 60% less. But it is a global rule like you say, so no good for what you want to do.

For what you want to do, my first port of call would be setting up customer groups, adding trade customers to the relevant group and then using the price tab on the product to define prices for each of the groups. I don't think you'd need to get involved with discounts that way, just set the specific prices they pay.

Comment

If prices don't follow set percentages and set discounts, then like you say that method is useless. I was answering where a trade price is 50% less in all cases and for some trade customers it is 60% less. But it is a global rule like you say, so no good for what you want to do.

For what you want to do, my first port of call would be setting up customer groups, adding trade customers to the relevant group and then using the price tab on the product to define prices for each of the groups. I don't think you'd need to get involved with discounts that way, just set the specific prices they pay.
          Yeah I know, thought that but that means defining every price manually against each product and again when the price changes in the future which could be quite a bit of work. Short of importing pricing in a file of course...

I hope Actinic could calculate that automatically but just based upon a schedule other than Retail.

Comment

I hear what you're saying, it offers itself to be a % based reduction much easier as that is so quick then. Becuase it uses the base price as the basis, i'm not sure it can be done or more like i have nothing further that is constructive to add. Tough call, i think the manual setting up of the prices once complete is not that bigger job to maintain, it just feels like it will be, does depend on the type of product though and likelihood that price is to change.

Comment

I hear what you're saying, it offers itself to be a % based reduction much easier as that is so quick then. Becuase it uses the base price as the basis, i'm not sure it can be done or more like i have nothing further that is constructive to add. Tough call, i think the manual setting up of the prices once complete is not that bigger job to maintain, it just feels like it will be, does depend on the type of product though and likelihood that price is to change.
              I think this should be added to the bug or wishlist Lee... The field is there just greyed out and you should be able to base discounts upon any schedule, it makes sense.

Comment

Any Ideas...

Short of having an external database, anyone got any ideas upon how to acheive this... which must be possible somehow...?

Comment

Yes, I installed OS Commerce...

Comment

Working...
                  X