Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact us error and no order confirmation

Hi,

I am struggling to find a fix to two problems i have currently with my website crestregalia.com

One is an error when the "send" button is pressed on the contact us form. The error message is

Error returned from SMTP server (4: <>: missing or malformed local part )

The second problem is that both the customer and myself are not receiving any emails when an order is placed. I have checked the email address and network settings and both seem fine. I am using localhost for the SMTP setting.

The strange this is, is that when i test the network settings i receive through saying that it is all ok.

This is the second actinic site i have and i have used the same network connections as the other one that is ok.

This template was bought from teclan though. Could there be another setting somewhere that is causing the problem?

It really has me baffled so i'm hoping one of you can help.
    Paul McCluskey
    ----------------------------------------
    Actinic V12 - Business Plus

http://www.masonsregalia.com

does anyone have any ideas at all on what i can do to sort the problems please nothing i have tried seems to work
    Paul McCluskey

Comment

I can see a couple of different error reports on your site:

Program = MailForm, Program version = 22783 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2010/03/03 12:21, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (4: <>: missing or malformed local part
      )

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 22690 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2010/03/04 21:30, Internal Errors = Email receipt not sent to customer. Undefined store email address.
      Which is all rather odd when you get the test email OK.

The first thing to check is that the email address you've set up in actinic is "on domain". i.e. is something@crestregalia.com (not @masonregalia.com)

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

hi Mike thanks for the reply.

i have tried various email address to no avail. all or on domains - i.e. sales@ admin@ enquiries@ but none seem to work. I have also tried various domains aswell just to see if the email settings were wrong on a certain domain.
        Paul McCluskey

Comment

this is the response from actinic, just in case anybody else has the problem.

"It seems after speaking with our development team, your SMTP issue is actually a bug within our software whereby the relevant variables used to send a mail are missing from your ActinicCatalog.mdb.

Please find details below in order to resolve your issue, which I have tested:

To fix the problem:-

Close Actinic

With Access open the ActinicCatalog.mdb in the Original folder, normally (C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Original)

Open the Variable table

With Access open the ActinicCatalog.mdb in the Site1 folder, normally

Open the Variable table

Copy the variables (whole rows) between nID 1568 and 1582 inclusive from the Original ActinicCatalog.mdb to the Site1 ActinicCatalog.mdb

Close Access

Open Actinic

Upload the site"

shame i cant get the fix to work though
          Paul McCluskey

Comment

Working...
          X