sudden php disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sudden php disaster

Would really appreciate any pointers with this one. When I open the site within actinic everything is fine, then when I try and upload it gets to the end of the checking html pages then stops for over 3000 coding errors. If I stop the upload actinic brings up all sorts or errors most of which are concerned with php.

Custom features like only showing the first 10 words of the description, displaying RRP and the thumbnail product image are throwing up errors and faulty conditions. There are plenty more but I think they are all related. All of these have worked previously and no coding has changed.

If I continue with the upload it it removes the features that have any issues like so
    http://www.rspboptics.com/acatalog/m...o_tripods.html (description is back I reverted to the standard to check that it worked)

then if I close actinic with the errors then reopen its fine again, until next upload.

I've had a few changes of systems recently but my laptop as far as I know is consistent. I've tried to go through and add some of the custom features but I'm hitting a blank as to what's happened. We run the system on a couple of machines some of which have had some recent changes like using new user profiles but this has never been an issue in the past.

Cheers
    Tim

3000 coding errors tend to be just one error repeated 3000 times. But it will be coding rather then hardware/laptop.

Have you done the usual tests? compact database? revert to snapshot?

Comment

Try installing the same version of Actinic onto a spare PC. Import a Snapshot of your faulty site and see if it fails there.

If it doesn't that may indicate that something in the Actinic installation is bad, rather than on your specific site.

If it does turn out to be system related, compare files in the working Program Files / Actinic with the bad one.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yeah the errors are just multiples of about 10, tried numerous snapshots back to start of jan.

One of the errors is the preloading of images, if I remove the blockif then the error disappears??

I've installed on 5 machines on a mixture of XP, Vista, seven & SBS 2008 and same issue on each.

Might start on a fresh site and at least try the short descriptions and see if it runs.

Comment

You could revert each potentially faulty layout to default and build back up.

I cant see any prices on the site - although if i add to cart there is a price.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
            You could revert each potentially faulty layout to default and build back up.

I cant see any prices on the site - although if i add to cart there is a price.
            Thats what friday nights are for

looks like I'll be resizing images for a while

Comment

Working...
            X