Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

options help!

Hi,

I am setting up a site which will only have around 5 main products, but each of these product needs to have around 50 different options. Each option can be chosen independently.

What I am trying to do is to 'group' the options and not have them all in one long list.

I have seen a knowledge article which explains how to group the options into a separate lists, but my issue is then how to display them. I dont want a really long page.

My prefered option is below the main description to have a set of 3 - 5 tabs which each have a set of options within them.

can I just put javascript or html code in the product to make these tabs and put the option lists in each tab?

thanks in advance!

duncan

Have a read up on permutations, attributes and choices in the inbuilt help. You could have 5 groups of 10 options, thus only 5 drop down boxes and very little length to the page at all.

Look at the single add to cart options too, you might be able to use that someway.

If you want something really special, you could have something like - http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/...m_Builder.html - functionality like that will cost you a few hundred pounds though.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Have a read up on permutations, attributes and choices in the inbuilt help. You could have 5 groups of 10 options, thus only 5 drop down boxes and very little length to the page at all.

Look at the single add to cart options too, you might be able to use that someway.

If you want something really special, you could have something like - http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk/...m_Builder.html - functionality like that will cost you a few hundred pounds though.
      Hi Lee,

Thanks for this - I have bought 'tabber' from Drillpine (Norman - what a guy! Thanks for all your help!).

I have added a variable to my components to chose which 'group' I want each one in. What I am looking to do now is to be able to put each 'group' in a different part of the page (actually on each tab, I will work out how to do that once I can place them in the main area!)

Is this quite straightforward? I have to admit I am a little confused about creating lists.....

duncan

Comment

Working...
      X