Local user interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local user interface

If I knew the words to search for, I would!

Since downloading V10Beta, my user interface has lost its memory, and try as I might I cannot reset it how it was before. How do I 'lock' it the way I want it to look?

I can go [Window] and switch off various options (Operations Toolbar, Help Toolbar, Start Here, etc.,) but the next time of logging in they all reset.

In the Content tab I can use [Window] to set 'Content' to be just Content Tree & Product Details - the next time of logging in I have a right mishmash of everything (Design Tree, Errors Found, Start Here, - the lot!).

In the 'Design' tab I have nothing..... Switch back to 'Content' tab & it's all disappeared....

Uninstall V10, uninstall V9, re-install V9, compact databases has not helped.
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

I expect these settings are in the registry. So after uninstalling v9 I would clean the Actinic v9 keys from the registry and then reinstall Actinic. Ensure you have a good full PC image before touching the registry!!!!

Comment

I've tried uninstalling all versions, using PCDOCPRO to clean the registry, reboot & reload - no difference.

In the Registry I have found:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog9\Sites]

which includes references to 'Docking Panes'. Can I simply delete these and Actinic will rebuild them?
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Comment

I think so but export the key tree first so you can restore it if it doesn't work.

Comment

Yes, it rebuilt them - exactly the same as they were before!

So the data must be held somewhere else, still looking....
          Paul

Comment

It looks to me as if the settings are in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\etc

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X