Permissions to send mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permissions to send mail

Last week my host had a problem which caused all the srcripts to stop working on the website and caused script errors when a product was added to the cart, or a search was carried out.

The host fixed this but I still continued to have problems with customers not being able to order. The problem was that a unique order number could not be generated. I resolved this by changing the file permissions on the 3 files used to generate the order number and all was well.

I have however now noticed that e-mails are no longer being sent and that a smtp error is being recorded in the error.err file.

I believe that this may also be a permission problem but am unsure which files I need to look at.

I would appreciate it if someone could advise which files are responsible for sending an order confirmation to both myself, and the client.

The site uses v9.03 and uses Localhost as the e-mail setting.

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

what is the error being reported, is it the only error in the error.err file?

there are 9 sites in your signature - hence i havent looked at the error.err myself

Comment

The error file is HERE

Many thanks

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

File Permissions can be found at http://community.actinic.com/showpos...60&postcount=7

I dont know about the SMTP problem, so i suggest asking your host what SMTP should be and whether you need auth/ can use localhost etc

also tell us who the host is, what smtp you are using, whether you have ticked auth and if the email in business settings is on-domain.

Comment

Just revisiting this, I pretty much know what the problem is, permissions on files being set incorrectly.

All I need to know is what files are responsible for sending out e-mails so that I can change thier permissions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jason
          Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

So long as the folders have the correct permissions set then Actinic will set the indiviual file persmissions to the required settings. If you have changed some file permissions then a purge and refresh should sort them out.

Comment

Did you do a full site refresh after the host fixed the issues?

Comment

I have indeed refreshed on many occasions.

I still receive an e-mail to advise that there are orders to download. I just don't receive the order e-mail and neither does the client.

Whenever I contact Supanames they just advise that they do not support third party software or scripts and blame Actinic.

Darren, I have been looking at your hosting packages with interest. Would I be able to move all sites on to the same server with you?

Many thanks

Jason
                Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

You could also consider a business plan with 1and1.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                    I have indeed refreshed on many occasions.
                    Just a thouht

As for hosting you need to see Jo or someone else for simple hosting i do have sites with these people and i know some others here have or do use them http://www.wiserhosting.com/

I am no longer offering it due to a change in circumstances http://blog.casupply.co.uk/

Comment

Darren, the blog appears to the have the footer image halfway up the page? (IE8).

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike

I dont see the problem in IE8 here, although my ie8 constantly crashes these days. poxy ms updates seem to have screwed it. I have just been updating the mobile/smart phone template so it might have been doing this when you looked.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                          Darren, the blog appears to the have the footer image halfway up the page? (IE8).

Mike

FM just looked on another pc running IE8 and your right its halfway up the page, now thats odd as they both have exactly the same build versions aswell and on vista m/c's

Comment

Working...
                          X