Discount price on product pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with sledgehammer approach lol:

$Discount = int(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>);

or

$Discount = intval(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>);

or

$Discount = strval(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>);

Comment

Code:
      <actinic:block php="true">
      	//	$Str = <Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo"/> ;
      		$Str = "30" ;
      		$Discount = intval($Str) ;
      		echo "<br>SALE PRICE £" . number_format(<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" /> - (<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" /> * $Discount / 100), 2);
      </actinic:block>
      This works
      BUT
      Code:
      		$Str = <Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo"/> ;
      	//	$Str = "30" ;
      		echo "<br>SALE PRICE £" . number_format(<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" /> - (<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductPriceRaw" selectable="false" /> * $Discount / 100), 2);
      This does not

and also tried all of these:
      Code:
      	// $Discount = intval(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>)
      	// $Discount = strval(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>); 
      		$Discount = int(<Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo" encoding="perl" selectable="false"/>);

with different errors
      intval error = Parse error: parse error in main line 6
      strval error = Warning: wrong paraneter count for strval() in main on line 3
      int error = Fatal Error: Call to undefined function int() in mani line 4
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      -----------------------------
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

What happens if you just do a simple echo of the contents of that variable?

Comment

Code:
          	$Str = <Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo"encoding="perl" selectable="false" /> ;

Comment

Nope - sorry - had already tried that - but tried again and no joy.
            David Cunningham

www.truska.com
            ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

More testing and eventually got it

the echo did not work so looked deeper
              it all seems to need to be inside a Block
              Code:
              <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsRestrictedToCustomer%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20true" >   
              	$Str = <Actinic:Variable Name="DiscountInfo"encoding="perl" selectable="false" /> ;
              Thanks for your help - so simple in the end.....

I think this could be a useful wee bit of code for many users....
              David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

Nice one, a happy ending for a Friday night.

Comment

Yes a good way to start the w/e - I can see further fun with this though so I need to set aside some time next week.

We also want to show the price on the section page and I am using code from this forum to do that but the working code we got just now does not work at that level when cut-n-pasted over to the section layout.

Not done any diagnosis yet though .... I can, I think, understand why - but worth a try I guess.

Have to shut down now - family giving off and I have a flight to catch at 6:40am and still to pack..

Thanks for your help today - much appreciated
                  David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

Copy pasting can sometimes creep some gremlins in, make sure you have a block on product list and one inside that on productprice. The AUG code might paste better if not.

Comment

Here's what i've used for the past 3 or 4 years with no problems on a section link layout:

Code:
                      <actinic:block type="ProductList" ><actinic:block type="PriceList" ><actinic:variable name="PriceLayout" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>

Comment

Working...
                      X