Database Error when copying/moving products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Error when copying/moving products

I am receiving the following error when either copying & pasting as duplicate products that have components/attributes.

There was a problem with the database

Operation: Adding a new record to the [ProductProperties] table where 1=0

String data, right truncated

This also happens if I try to re-order sub-sections which contain products with components/attributes.

Only started happening this morning - yesterday was doing same and got no errors.

Have read on forum about others having this problem (though can't find any posts for over a year) and the product reference length was quoted as a possible problem. This is happening with products where the reference is no longer than 12 characters.

The copy appears to work ok and the product seems fine when viewed on the site and can be ordered but just bit worried about why this keeps happening - plus it is a PITA having to keep clicking OK to get it to go through!

Does anyone have any solutions?!

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

If you are getting that error then there is likey to be something wrong with the product options because basically one of the properties isn't being copied.

If you switch on SQL tracing through the ODBC control panel just before you do a paste (switch of off straight away afterwards because it will really slow your machine down) you can view the file and you should be able to see what is wrong - or you can send the trace file to me and I'll take a look at it for you if it's not easy to spot.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan - was having a senior moment (would like to say blonde but it was senior ) All sorted now.
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
      X