Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V9 changes not appearing?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with this problem. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine. Now though, when I publish to the web, the information that's getting published is old information? It's strange because all of the information and changes that I've added to my site show up fine in the design view. I've checked in Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and the new information just isn't getting through for some reason.

I've done a web refresh, compacted the database, checked all the network settings which are fine.

Now here's the really strange thing. I've done a site snapshot and sent it via email to another pc. When I've checked the snapshot on the other pc - only the old information is showing up!

I'm really perplexed with this and I've been trying to sort it out for days. I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me some pointers on how to sort this out.

Odd.
    First of all compact the data base and do a purge and refresh.

Comment

V9

Hello and thanks for the reply. I've compacted the database, purged it, refreshed it and still when I publish to the web - I get the same problem - old information and none of the new info showing?

Comment

Is this on all pages or just the homepage?
        Have you tried going back to an older snapshot to see if the problem persists?

Comment

V9

It's the whole site. I haven't tried going back to an older snapshot. I'll give that a try.

Now that's interesting. I imported a snapshot from 17th Jan 2010, published to the web and I'm still getting old information (it's about 10 days old).

I'm not sure what's happening here but I think somehow that V9 is just publishing a site that's got stuck in a time warp?

Comment

Sounds like a PBKAC to me.

Comment

Or you've accidentally switched the site to Test Mode.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

V9

Hello, thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them. I haven't switched it accidentally to Test Mode. In fact up until that post I didn't even know it existed.

It's probably me but what's PBKAC?

Comment

Have you ever had to change the network settings previously. Is it possible that you are uploading to a different server?

Now here's the really strange thing. I've done a site snapshot and sent it via email to another pc. When I've checked the snapshot on the other pc - only the old information is showing up!
                  This is a real concern becasue either your software is not backing up correctly, in which case you need to contact support straight away or you have not emailed the latest snapshot

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

have you ftp'ed to the site to see the date stamp on the uploaded files?

Comment

This sounds very much like a problem that used to arise sometimes with V7.
                      What can happen is that if a file / page exists in the site1 folder then actinic uses that instead of the newly generated page.

I'd check that none of the problem pages exist as HTML files in the site1 folder and if they do then delete them as they aren't needed.

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hello and thanks once again for all the positive replies. I think I understand on a conceptual level what's happening although I haven't resolved it yet.

For WebD.
                        Have you ever had to change the network settings previously. Is it possible that you are uploading to a different server?

I've never had to change any network settings. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine. The server is almost brand new with Rackspace and every time I publish to the web with Actinic - the time stamp is accurate. It's just that whatever it is I'm publishing to the web isn't the up to date information - although as previously mentioned above - the up to date information shows up clearly on Actinic design view.

I think it may well be that my information (snapshot) isn't backing up properly. Incidentally I did email the correct snapshot to my laptop - I checked that carefully.

For pinbrook
                        have you ftp'ed to the site to see the date stamp on the uploaded files?

As mentioned above - when I publish to the web - it's getting to the server fine - it's just unfortunately the old information.

For olderscot
                        This sounds very much like a problem that used to arise sometimes with V7.
                        What can happen is that if a file / page exists in the site1 folder then actinic uses that instead of the newly generated page.

I'd check that none of the problem pages exist as HTML files in the site1 folder and if they do then delete them as they aren't needed.

Mike

Mike, thanks for this - but other than for practise (when learning about Actinic I've never used Site1 folder. I'm not sure how I'd go about checking that a problem page exists with site1 so I'd be grateful if you could let me know how I could check that out?

I have incidentally sent an email form to support to Actinic so if and when this is resolved (fingers crossed) - I'll post a reply to this thread so that if others come across this problem they'll hopefully have the answer to it.

Thanks guys - Ibby

Comment

You can delete the contents of the folder called SiteHTML and then try an upload or site preview. This folder acts like a buffer for pages after generation when they are uploaded.

Comment

Hi, thanks. Where do I find this folder siteHTML?

Comment

Try My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1\
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X