Product expiration dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product expiration dates?

Hi everyone I'm again looking for a couple of answers.

Is there a way within the actinic settings to apply an expiration date to a product? We will be adding a large number of items and this would be much more user friendly than manually removing them when needed.

Thanks!

Not from the box but should be achievable with a bit of script to test the date and insert a display:none class into the styling - this would keep it in the database but remove it from the screen online.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You might also be able achieve this with some php in Actinic.

Comment

A potential problem with hiding products or omitting them from the product lists via PHP is that they would still show up in the search results.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ok they're great replies thanks - I can see what you're suggesting and it's (on the face of it) pretty simple. The Google thing may be an issue though we'll have to think about that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

It is not Google but the internal site search which Norman is flagging - the link via the cgi-bin would show on search results page but when clicked the product would not be available.

I would treat this as a temporary measure backed up by manual purging / hiding of products as time permits. You could take it a stage further adding a new custom variable to flag the temporary products to help you "play" with them as required.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X