Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Variable

Hi

I have added a variable that gives me the words 'length required' as opposed to the standard 'quantity'.

I have also created a new layout containing this variable that will be used only for products that it requires.

The problem I have is that the words 'length required' is not displaying ...I just get a '0' (zero) or letter 'O' (not sure which).

Presumably I have not set up the options on the variable correctly, but I have changed it and changed it again and still can't see why it's not showing up correctly.

I tried to find the 'QuantityPrompt' variable in the library to copy it (obviously with different text), but it isn't listed in the library, presumably because it is non user changeable.

Can anyone offer me some advice as to what my options for this variable should be so that it will work.

Many thanks in advance.

An additional note to the above...

On trying to solve the problem I noticed when looking at the product page ....Product>General Tab that it is showing my 'LengthRequiredPrompt' as

Use Parent (=0)

So this is where the 0 (zero) is coming from. If I change this and type in the text I want showing i.e. Length Required ...then it shows on page.

But why is this not being picked up from somewhere? Have I missed something?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comment

Post an image of the set up of the variable so we can see what you've done.

Comment

Check your variable in Design Library, check you haven't accidentally set the variable to zero between the menu and your product.
        Peblaco

Comment

I have also created a new layout containing this variable that will be used only for products that it requires.
          If you'd rather not learn about using variables then an easier way is just to enter the required text directly into the new layout.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

Peblaco......Thanks - based on all of your suggestions to check... I got it working..thank you so much.

olderscot....I had thought about taking the easy route and just changing the layout, but I am forcing myself to 'get to grips' with the program and understand the elements of the variables. But as you say that would have been a quick and easy route and one I probably would have used if I had not solved the issue!

Many, Many thanks for all of your help...It is much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X