Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

passing component choices into actinic

Hi,

Got a slightly difficult (at least for me) one here.

I want to allow my customers to type a code in which will bring up a previous order along with what component choices they made so they can reorder.

What I want to know is is there a way to pass to actinic a 'code' which tells it to put a certain product, along with certain component choices, into the shopping cart?

I know this might not be possible but hey, its worth asking!

Thanks in advance,
    Duncan

Nothing like this exists.

You could create an external application to do it. There's nothing too complicated about but it will need some serious work. In essence this would need to:

1. Create the actinic session file and cookie.

2. Translate the 'code' into the correct product and enter that data into the session file.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      Nothing like this exists.

You could create an external application to do it. There's nothing too complicated about but it will need some serious work. In essence this would need to:

1. Create the actinic session file and cookie.

2. Translate the 'code' into the correct product and enter that data into the session file.

Mike
      I am hopeful I can create the application, what I really need to know is how actinic stores the data in the session file. Is there an article somewhere you know of which will help me here?

thanks in advance!

Duncan

Comment

I haven't seen any documentation on the session files.

You can see the format quite easily by placing a couple of items in your cart and looking at the session file on the server.

IIRC the session files are named as your IP address using Z instead of . plus a random string with a .session suffix.

They are simple text and can be downloaded to your PC for viewing, but you'll need to change the file permissions first.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Will the 'save cart' functionality do what you need - the user can save their last order and then click on a button to restore it next time they shop.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Will the 'save cart' functionality do what you need - the user can save their last order and then click on a button to restore it next time they shop.

Regards,
            Hi Jan,

Unfortunately not - I really need them to be able to order any item again not just the last one....

Duncan

Comment

Working...
            X