Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modified Script Problem

Hi all,

One of my clients has an Actinic v9 site which uses two modified scripts to deal with some minor customisations to the Contact Us form and order number formats. The modified files are: MailForm.pl and OrderScript.pl.

These scripts have been working fine although there has always been a slight anomoly when transferring a site snapshot between myself and the client because Actinic annoyingly ignores the modified scripts and replaces them with the originals during a snapshot import. We've always got around the problem by simply having a copy of the modified scripts saved seperately and then replacing them after a snapshot.

So far, so good then.

The problem is that my client recently upgraded from Actinic Catalog to Actinic Business Client and now this routine no longer works.

Whilst I can still deploy the site without a problem using my copy of Designer, whenever my client publishes the site using Business Client the order number modification is just ignored and the modified Contact Us form just errors.

I've no idea what might be causing this - it's the same site on both computers, at the end of the day - but can anyone shed any light?

My version of designer is using 9.0.2, my client has downloaded 9.0.5 during the upgrade.

Any suggestions appreciated - currently my client cannot publish at all, so other than rolling back to Catalog, I'm stuck for ideas.

Many thanks,
    Simon

There were some difference in the mail scripts that came with V9.0.5, I seem to recall, and the fact that you are not both using the same V9 version could possibly be causing the conflict.

Obviously, it's NOT the same site on both computers. Your computer has a 9.0.2 site and his has a 9.0.5 one.

I'd say maybe you need to re-do whatever mods you've done on both scripts, working from a 9.0.5 original and adding the mods in, not using the 9.0.2 ones.
    Tracey

Comment

Whenever you upgrade Actinic all the Perl scripts get changed to current clean versions. You'll need to apply your mods to the 9.0.5 scripts.

If you're not sure where the modifications are, use WinMerge (open-source from www.winmerge.org) to compare the standard 9.0.2 scripts and your modified 9.0.2 ones.

This will show you the areas to locate and patch in the 9.0.5 version.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Tracey / Norman - thanks very much for your replies. I'll take a look at the original versions on my client's machine.

I take it there's no way to avoid having to replace the two scripts on import each time? ie, I can't stop Actinic replacing them with originals?

Comment

My version of designer is using 9.0.2, my client has downloaded 9.0.5 during the upgrade.
          this is your problem-if you both have the same version all will be well.

In the past most of us have had to install other versions of the software of other PCs in order to work with same versions - in those situations where it has not been appropriate to upgrade either ourselves or the client.

Comment

Working...
          X