Customer-specific shipping class? v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer-specific shipping class? v9

I want to be able to offer trade customers (who have accounts and are logged in) a different shipping cost regime to retail customers. I don't want retail customers to be able to see or select any shipping class I offer to trade customers, yet I want the full freedom to be able to define/modify/tweak/customise shipping classes & charges by customer if necessary.

Is there any way that shipping classes can be made customer specific, or at least customer-group specific? Ideally this would be achieved by defining them in the normal way but then making them visible only to selected groups - is this possible? Has anyone tried this and found a suitable solution?

thanks in advance

Nick
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk

This was discussed and solved on the forum, just a few months ago, thread started by Jont i believe. Have you tried searching the forum, well worth finding that thread, it had all you need in there including the code.

Comment

I would like this too......!

Nick,

This is a facility that lots of Actinic users would love to have but I don't think it is available right now. The option to have shipping defined more precisely and be customer-specific is I think a "Wish List" item for many and I hope it is implemented soon.

One of my customer with Business Plus V9 is now setting up a sort of "Trade Counter" for both web and local visiting customers - they will want a Post Code lookup and verification facility and the option to have mail-order shipping costs defined by location.

If anyone knows how this can be done I would sure like to know soon.

Regards to all, T.

Comment

Lee,

I will stand corrected after seeing your post - can you remember the Topic of Jont's post?

T.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          This was discussed and solved on the forum, just a few months ago, thread started by Jont i believe. Have you tried searching the forum, well worth finding that thread, it had all you need in there including the code.
          Well yes I did look - and just have again - but can't find this thread. Perhaps you could post a link if you have one.

This does seem like a fairly basic requirement and I'm surprised it's not catered for.

Thanks

Nick

Comment

I don't have the link sorry, i'd have posted it if i did rather than talk about it, but i seem to recall it hinging around being able to offer a free shipping option to those with accounts, but ensure it did not show for non-account holders. It then evolved into something bigger and better for someone else.

Worst case scenario, you will only have to trawl through Jont's posts for 5 minutes to find it.

Let me know the kind of search terms you have used and i will get it updated so it can be found using the terms people are actually using (once you have found it of course).

Comment

Here you go - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=43161

Comment

Thank you Lee,

Very Neat - but not exactly what I need right now. Could be very useful in future though as Client is thinking also about Customer registrations and Accounts for the new "Warehouse".

My immediate need is to be able to stop Customers selecting the cheapest [locals only] shipping zone when they live hundreds of miles away, e.g., Sussex Delivery when they live in Aberdeen.

T.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyM View Post
                  My immediate need is to be able to stop Customers selecting the cheapest [locals only] shipping zone when they live hundreds of miles away, e.g., Sussex Delivery when they live in Aberdeen.
                  Setup separate countries i.e. England Scotland Wales etc. and then have only the applicable options against the applicable countries. You don't have to have UK as a whole.

Comment

Thank you for the response Lee,

Client currently ships UK Only. We currently have:

Royal Mail First Class [up to 4Kg with an excess]
                    Second Class [Limited by 1Kg max]
                    Sussex Delivery - Set minimal charge as local
                    England / Wales - fixed cost
                    Scotland / NI - fixed cost

Each of the above are different shipping rates and the problem arises when the customer gets to choose the type of delivery they want. Someone in Aberdeen ordered a polypin of Real Ale - Best Bitter [20 litres and heavy] and chose Sussex Delivery at £5.00 rather than choose the correct one and get charged £13.95. It happens frequently now as more people realise they can get away with it.

Actinic does not cross-reference the Customers' or Delivery Address Post Code with the Shipping Charges and it seems there is no way to make it do so without some serious programming.

Best regards, T.

Comment

Thanks to all - I'll give that a try.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                      X