What to do with hard-coded links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with hard-coded links?

I have a site built on Catalog v6 which I have just upgraded to Business v9. The new site has just gone live and I'm mopping up a few loose ends; one of these concerns the numerous hardcoded links the site has, typically used to navigate around the site. I also have one built into my product layout to produce a "back to top" link under each product image - as some of my product pages are now quite long. Also I have a dropdown menu which uses javascript, built on the tool at www.buttongenerator.com. These have worked just fine and continue to do so with v9.

However, with the upgrade to Business has come the ability to have customer accounts. When logged in to one of these accounts, my hardcoded links cause all sorts of problems. The URL used for a given page changes when logged in to a customer account - they become very long, with a reference to ACTINIC_REFERRER in there. Clicking on one of these hardcoded links causes the user to be taken to the normal page and the site then thinks the use has been logged out.

So, what we need is a way of navigating around the site using something akin to my hardcoded links, but which work as expected both ordinarily and when logged into a customer account.

I'm sure that this issue is one that will have come up before so I hope someone else has "been there".

Any ideas/guidance?

Nick
    www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk
    Fighting with sellerdeck on http://www.nickdobsonwines.co.uk
Working...
X